Snapshot is great!!!

rasat

Snapshot is great!!!

#1 Post by rasat »

Only now I came across how great "Snapshot" is, in MX Tools.
https://mxlinux.org/wiki/help-files/hel ... o-snapshot

12 years ago I stopped making live iso, too time consuming. But in Snapshot you create with few clicks your personal or distribution iso. I just made my own gnome 3.30 MX spin. Who knows in near future, when users start using this great tool, there will be many different desktop or other interesting MX spins. :happy:

Adrian
Developer

Re: Snapshot is great!!!

#2 Post by Adrian »

Thanks, we try to popularize the apps (like for example when I do the monthly snapshots for MX or my custom MX Workbench, MX-KDE, MX-LXQt) but it's not always understand how easy is to do things till you actually try them yourself.

Stevo
Developer

#3 Post by Stevo »

You can put up your respin on archive.org if you want to share it with the world--it's OK with them to share Community Software. Upload some screenshot jpgs with it if you want a slideshow: https://archive.org/details/MX18X64

maesch3ster

#4 Post by maesch3ster »

It's nice to know there's a feature like this I'm a bit new to mx and it's great that I know this stuff. Thanks

KoO

#5 Post by KoO »

Snapshot is more than Good its is Excellent.

(Another great reason to be on AntiX and MX)
Main : MX 19.1-AHS (i3) 5.4.13-1~mx19+1, Asus B450-i AMD 5 3600 , 32gb Hyper-X 3200 , GTX970 . :linuxlove:
Lenovo T430 : Debian10 antiX17 (i3) , 4.20.12 , i5 , 12gb .
Lenovo X220 : Test Machine (ATM)

megatotoro

#6 Post by megatotoro »

Snapshot has saved me lots of time and trouble when it comes to installing MX. Just today, I made a snapshot of my mother's system, just in case. And I've seen how it has become easier to use, even with more features added! Thanks a lot, developing team!

Return to “General”