Problem with Qt Creator Install..

Adrian
Developer

Re: Problem with Qt Creator Install..

#11 Post by Adrian »

timkb4cq wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:07 pm I'm C++ challenged (I can puzzle it out for patches sometimes but don't "get it") so I used Python-Qt for my only MX programming contribution. It works pretty well, but I did have problems finding accurate documentation for the Python Qt bindings. C++ is the default for Qt so it's better documented.
I agree Qt has great documentation. Offline in Qt Creator and online. There are some great example apps in the documentation. Unfortunately C++ is a bit more complex language than Python. I wish PySide was fully featured in Qt Creator https://www.qt.io/qt-for-python and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ycYloRgo4

PaulKBSR

#12 Post by PaulKBSR »

Back in the day... I hate that phrase :) I was pretty good at the command line. It's been awhile but it does seem to be coming back to me pretty quickly. I assume the "cli" is command line interface?
Current Config: Ever Changing | Intel Quad Core i7-7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | NVIDIA GP104 [GeForce GTX 1070]

fehlix
Developer

#13 Post by fehlix »

PaulKBSR wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:18 pm I assume the "cli" is command line interface?
Yes.
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

DanielGC

#14 Post by DanielGC »

I have MX-19.4 KDE installed. I executed the following command that was shown above:

Code: Select all

sudo apt install qtcreator qttools5-dev-tools qtcreator-doc qt5-default qt5-doc qtbase5-examples
Afterwards I started Qt Creator. The Projects button worked as expected and I was able to build and run a new project. The Tutorials button also worked as expected. However, clicking on the Examples button did not display any examples.

Any assistance in this matter would be appreciated.

Adrian
Developer

#15 Post by Adrian »

Install "qtbase5-doc-html" too.

DanielGC

#16 Post by DanielGC »

Installing "qtbase5-doc-html" worked.

Thank you

Return to “General”