New Mirror in Mainland China!

aledie

Re: New Mirror in Mainland China!

#81 Post by aledie »

Adrian wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:38 am I already added them.
-Most! Spain and Maryland US above not yet (I just updated mx-repo-manager/ package list from mxrepo.com, not there yet
-Dont worry: we will have +1 SG/mirror.0x.sg (seems complete, just no final confirmation from maintainer), +1 UK /UKFast (syncing now I guess), +1 BR/ USP(still broken MX sync), +3 others pending
some of them already in anticapitalista's lists
MX-18 (x64): HP 8460p, i5-2540M, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, HD3000

Adrian
Developer

#82 Post by Adrian »

Do you expect new version of mx-repo-manager to miraculously install instantly on your PC? :) Give it a bit of time...

aledie

#83 Post by aledie »

Adrian wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:16 pm Do you expect new version of mx-repo-manager to miraculously install instantly on your PC? :) Give it a bit of time...
I thought able devs+fibre age & speed of light :frown:
MX-18 (x64): HP 8460p, i5-2540M, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, HD3000

asqwerth
Developer

#84 Post by asqwerth »

Aledie, I'm as excited as you are to see new mirrors pop up on the Repo Manager.

But our Devs, while really amazing, are also currently testing and developing an early alpha version of MX18, so they are pretty stressed and weighed down with trying to squash bugs and then testing again.....

All this is happening right now, behind the scenes.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Adrian
Developer

#85 Post by Adrian »

I just meant that the package is built, you can check here the repos: https://github.com/MX-Linux/mx-repo-man ... /repos.txt (please let me know if there's any mirror missing here)
However, it takes time to get the new version into the pool, it takes time for the package to make it to your particular mirror... I also updated https://mxlinux.org/wiki/system/iso-download-mirrors If you click on each item it should show the ISO download url and the APT entry for the location.

anticapitalista
Developer

#86 Post by anticapitalista »

Re: the iso list

Is Nova Scotia not in Canada? It's not a separate country is it?
Shouldn't Hong Kong be listed under China?

@adrian - the Toronto mirror is only iso so should not appear as a repo, if I'm not mistaken.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Adrian
Developer

#87 Post by Adrian »

Is that a trick question? Did I listed anywhere as a separate country? Ah, you mean the list under the map... didn't edit that, the info on the map should be correct.
Possibly, it's an autonomous region, it has a flag and it might be easier to find in the list this way. I'm fine either way, I think initially we had only the region, like we had "Crete" not "Greece"... even though Crete is not even an autonomous region. The repo manager is not a political map...

Toronto mirror has a repo too, at least for now if they don't change their mind.

anticapitalista
Developer

#88 Post by anticapitalista »

Adrian wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:06 pm
Is that a trick question? Did I listed anywhere as a separate country? Ah, you mean the list under the map... didn't edit that, the info on the map should be correct.
Possibly, it's an autonomous region, it has a flag and it might be easier to find in the list this way. I'm fine either way, I think initially we had only the region, like we had "Crete" not "Greece"... even though Crete is not even an autonomous region. The repo manager is not a political map...

Toronto mirror has a repo too, at least for now if they don't change their mind.
Re: Toronto mirror repo - does it work? I can't see any files for it.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Adrian
Developer

#89 Post by Adrian »

asqwerth
Developer

#90 Post by asqwerth »

anticapitalista wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:58 pm Shouldn't Hong Kong be listed under China?
I don't believe so. HK is a Special Administrative Region of China. A lot of their laws are still based on British common law.

Plus, China is huge, so describing HK separately helps people locate where the mirror is geographically. Debian also has a separate HK mirror.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Return to “General”