Interesting Distrowatch ranking update

Gordon Cooper

Re: Interesting Distrowatch ranking update

#41 Post by Gordon Cooper »

Thanks for the details Chris. It is years since I moved from Kubuntu and have no wish to move back again, also LMDE to me is an unknown.Am more than happy to remain here
with MX.
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

malspa

#42 Post by malspa »

Lol. Kubuntu 18.04 is one of the installations I'm running here. Very nice, IMO. Good example of why I don't take DW rankings seriously.

Artim

#43 Post by Artim »

I started with the Ubu family and then Mint, Linux Lite, all Ubuntu based, and all except Mint got messed up by updates. Not frequently, but regularly. I added an adaptation of Mint's safe Updater to Linux Lite, which helped me avoid harmful updates, but I was always a little bothered that an add-on "to make updating safe" was necessary to begin with! So I wanted to get away from the whole 'buntu thing, even though all of them are awesome. Debian Stable is - well, completely stable and updates rarely if ever break anything. Now add "the magic" that MX provides! Simplicity, beauty, and functionality on top of Debian Stable and wow, it just doesn't get any better!

For a time I explored completely outside the Debian/Ubuntu sphere and played around with a few others, like SalixOS (wonderful, Slackware-based and fully compatible with it's parent distro, rock-stable, easy to use), PCLinuxOS which was awesome, rolling, has a fantastic community and monthly magazine! But even the Xfce respin was "heavy" and the all-or-nothing updates scared me off.

I'm a busy boy and don't have lots of time to play around with distros anymore, and I've settled on MX and have it on both my computers, probably for life.

oops

#44 Post by oops »

Artim wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:27 am... Now add "the magic" that MX provides! Simplicity, beauty, and functionality on top of Debian Stable and wow, it just doesn't get any better!
Right, +1
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

Return to “General”