Question: MX package requests vs. other distros

oops

Re: Question: MX package requests vs. other distros

#11 Post by oops »

Redacted wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:36 pm...
And the developers do not go to the forum.
What makes the difference?..
Hello,
Yes here is the main difference (I guess).
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

timkb4cq
Developer

#12 Post by timkb4cq »

I started building packages back in the Mepis 7 days to safely install programs I wanted myself. Then I started sharing them on the MepisLovers Forum. Then, since some of them were fairly popular, I started an unofficial repository to more easily share them. Others started building packages & submitting them.
There were bumps & turns along the way, folks came & went, but the MX repos & packagers had their start in the forums, helping Mepis be better for the users, and then helping MX get up & running when Mepis was discontinued.
The whole point from the start was making compatible packages the users (and we're users too) wanted while still running on a stable base. We're on the forums because that's where we started out, and that's where the value is. How else are we to know what our users want?
HP Pavillion TP01, AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (quad core), Crucial 500GB SSD, Toshiba 6TB 7200rpm
Dell Inspiron 15, AMD Ryzen 7 2700u (quad core). Sabrent 500GB nvme, Seagate 1TB

wulf

#13 Post by wulf »

timkb4cq wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:39 am I started building packages back in the Mepis 7 days to safely install programs I wanted myself. Then I started sharing them on the MepisLovers Forum. Then, since some of them were fairly popular, I started an unofficial repository to more easily share them. Others started building packages & submitting them.
There were bumps & turns along the way, folks came & went, but the MX repos & packagers had their start in the forums, helping Mepis be better for the users, and then helping MX get up & running when Mepis was discontinued.
The whole point from the start was making compatible packages the users (and we're users too) wanted while still running on a stable base. We're on the forums because that's where we started out, and that's where the value is. How else are we to know what our users want?
Admirable ethos! :cool2:

Redacted

#14 Post by Redacted »

It sure is, and you can see and feel the difference in the end product.

Return to “General”