systemd

asqwerth
Developer

Re: systemd

#11 Post by asqwerth »

There is also a 90 sec bootup delay if you have changed your swap partition UUID (which happens if you reformat swap because you installed another distro and chose to format/create swap all over again) and your fstab file is set up to detect swap via UUID.

Annoying, and you have to fiddle with fstab file to either not mount/use swap, or change the fstab entry of swap to detect via label or /dev/ number.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

bigbenaugust

#12 Post by bigbenaugust »

dreamer wrote:Because of tooth pain I think I got distracted. Systemd shouldn't be a problem on different architectures as long as it's Linux. Debian once had an experimental BSD? kernel and that project probably got dropped because of Systemd.
I had high hopes for Debian kFreeBSD, but it hardly got past the experimental, non-primetime stage before it died. :(
--Ben

skidoo

#13 Post by skidoo »

had high hopes for Debian kFreeBSD but
Yeah, sigh, duly noted.
http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.p ... :Main_Page

distributions not listed on MainPage due to EOL / dormant status / Other:
[...]
limbo / defunct / non-viable ~~ Debian GNU/kFreeBSD
Ref: wikipedia::Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD
"Debian GNU/kFreeBSD was discontinued as an officially supported platform as of Debian 8.0"
and
debian-devel-announce mailinglist

"We discussed kfreebsd at length, but are not satisfied that a release with Jessie will be of sufficient quality. We are dropping
it as an official release architecture, though we do hope that the porters will be able to make a simultaneous unofficial release
."

Return to “General”