MX 17 Alpha3

eugen-b

Re: MX 17 Alpha3

#21 Post by eugen-b »

I created a persistent live USB via live-usb-maker (the live-usb-maker-gui said "device too small" no matter how I formatted and partitioned).

It boots fine with UEFI, toram, persistence work, but NetworkManager gives the same error. I even switched to another WiFi USB with a similar Ralink chip though, no luck. Is it possible to include ceni on the ISO?

Edit: I forgot to try what dolphin_oracle wrote:
dolphin_oracle wrote:what adrian said, plus...

networking will be broken. to fix, edit /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf and comment out the line that starts with "prepends" and ends with 127.0.0.1. then reboot or restart network-manager.
Edit2: No, that did not work for me, I edited dhcpclient.conf, rebooted - same issue.

What works necely is that my saved boot configuration (cheat codes) get a dedicated boot menu entry on a UEFI system - well done!
Last edited by eugen-b on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
MX-14 on a Via Eden 1GHz CPU thin client, 3GB RAM, Via VX800 chipset, Via Chrome9 HC GPU, 32GB M.2 SSD;
btrfs with @ and @home subvolumes for MX-14;
added @antiX and @antiXhome subvolumes and copied antix 13.1 base into them, adjusting Grub from MX-14.

richb
Administrator

#22 Post by richb »

Networking has been fixed in a4.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

polaca57

#23 Post by polaca57 »

skidoo wrote:(mentioned during MX16.1 testing)
Note the blurred "LibreOffice" text when that menu item has focus (vs not) and the blur/graininess of the tooltip text.
The blur immediately disappeared when any other theme is selected (any, other than the 5 problematic themes I mentioned)

v---- top results from: https://www.google.com/#q=greybird+theme+blury

https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=11122 Screenshot of how XFCE Greybird theme displays icons on the desktop

https://github.com/horst3180/arc-theme/issues/607 Xfce: Text under desktop icons misaligned with shadow

https://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showt ... p?t=313216 Reload this Page [SOLVED] nice looking xfce xfce theme
Thanks for posting the screenshots. That's exactly what I am seeing. To me blur is visible on Categories as well., it looks like fonts are 3-D.
I think fonts are bold with MX themes and that makes the effect stronger. Most other themes I tried don't have this font look.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#24 Post by Jerry3904 »

This thread is now ancient history, since we are in the midst of testing Alpha 4.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

polaca57

#25 Post by polaca57 »

Jerry3904 wrote:This thread is now ancient history, since we are in the midst of testing Alpha 4.
This is about Alpha 4

Jerry3904
Administrator

#26 Post by Jerry3904 »

The thread says differently but whatever
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#27 Post by dolphin_oracle »

there is a custom whisker definition in Greybird-mx17. If anyone knows more about hacking such things, take a look in /usr/share/themes/Greybird-mx17/apps (I think that's the path anyway) for whisker.rc and try your hand at modifying it.

Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

polaca57

#28 Post by polaca57 »

dolphin_oracle wrote:there is a custom whisker definition in Greybird-mx17. If anyone knows more about hacking such things, take a look in /usr/share/themes/Greybird-mx17/apps (I think that's the path anyway) for whisker.rc and try your hand at modifying it.

Thanks!
Thanks for the tip.
Looks like changing engine(last section in file) text style to 0 and maybe text shading to 0.1 makes it looking great.

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#29 Post by dolphin_oracle »

polaca57 wrote:
dolphin_oracle wrote:there is a custom whisker definition in Greybird-mx17. If anyone knows more about hacking such things, take a look in /usr/share/themes/Greybird-mx17/apps (I think that's the path anyway) for whisker.rc and try your hand at modifying it.

Thanks!
Thanks for the tip.
Looks like changing engine(last section in file) text style to 0 and maybe text shading to 0.1 makes it looking great.
thanks! Would you mind posting that whole modification?
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

polaca57

#30 Post by polaca57 »

dolphin_oracle wrote:
polaca57 wrote:

Thanks!
Thanks for the tip.
thanks! Would you mind posting that whole modification?
File location is /usr/share/themes/Greybird-mx17/gtk-2.0/apps/
I only changed two lines in engine section. Works for me, gets rid of that 3-D effect.

style "whisker"
{
xthickness = 1
ythickness = 1

bg[NORMAL] = "#2B3640"
# bg[NORMAL] = shade (0.35, @bg_color)
bg[ACTIVE] = shade (0.65, @bg_color)
bg[PRELIGHT] = shade (0.85, @selected_bg_color)
bg[SELECTED] = shade (0.65, @selected_bg_color)

fg[NORMAL] = shade (0.9, @base_color)
fg[PRELIGHT] = @base_color
fg[ACTIVE] = shade (0.9, @base_color)
fg[SELECTED] = shade (0.9, @base_color)

text[NORMAL] = @text_color # Color for menu-item radio/checks.
base[NORMAL] = @bg_color # Color for menu-item radio/checks background.
text[PRELIGHT] = @base_color
text[SELECTED] = @base_color
text[ACTIVE] = @fg_color
text[INSENSITIVE] = @text_color

engine "murrine" {
roundness = 0
glowstyle = 0
glazestyle = 0
textstyle = 0
text_shade = 0.1
}
}