Blank check from Warren

uncle mark

Re: Blank check from Warren

#31 Post by uncle mark »

DBeckett wrote:Duplicate post. How's that happen?
PEBKAC
Custom build Asus/AMD/nVidia circa 2011 -- MX 19.2 KDE
Acer Aspire 5250 -- MX 21 KDE
Toshiba Satellite C55 -- MX 18.3 Xfce
Assorted Junk -- assorted Linuxes

DBeckett

#32 Post by DBeckett »

After two attempts to post hung up, I got an error message about "site resources exceeded" or some such thing. Seems fine now.
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX-6100 hex-core, 3.3GHz, 8G, Radeon HD6570

malspa

#33 Post by malspa »

uncle mark wrote:PR has never been one of his strong suits.
Agreed. And I would have liked if he would have popped in at the forums, posted a "sticky" or two, and just been more open to communicating his thoughts here. Just wasn't the way he decided to operate, I guess.

richb
Administrator

#34 Post by richb »

malspa wrote:
uncle mark wrote:PR has never been one of his strong suits.
Agreed. And I would have liked if he would have popped in at the forums, posted a "sticky" or two, and just been more open to communicating his thoughts here. Just wasn't the way he decided to operate, I guess.
More his nature than a conscious decision.

Everyone here should be grateful for what Warren has given us, particularly in the early stages of Mepis history. He stated numerous times he decided to build it initially for his own use being dissatisfied with what was available at the time. Over the years Linux has matured as have numerous distributions. The ease of use that Warren championed has been woven into many distros in their own fashion. It becomes more difficult to stand out and provide unique advantages.

I cannot read his mind, but possibly those factors dampened his motivation along with the oft stated reason of his needing to make a living.

Sour grapes are completely unnecessary, and anyone is welcome to stay or leave for whatever reason. In fact it is better for all of us if disgruntled members do move on. Many members have, but have done so graciously and still have a presence here.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

malspa

#35 Post by malspa »

Warren kept at it for a long time; we've seen others come and go. It would be great if MX lasts as long as MEPIS has, but keeping a distro going like that seems like a tough thing to do. You kinda get to a point where you appreciate what's out there right now, and you use it if it works out for you, but you understand that a distro's dev(s) could decide to move on at any time.

Return to “General”