Blank check from Warren

Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: Blank check from Warren

#11 Post by Jerry3904 »

Both on my list!
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

namida12

#12 Post by namida12 »

Little I can do to help develop, but I have Run Majaro Xfce on and off, so will be delighted to try it on one or more computers. Sorry all desktops however...

JR

megatotoro

#13 Post by megatotoro »

[quote="Jerry3904"

The help I will need for this official Mepis Xfce lies in finding people who will look rigorously at the development versions as we progress--testing that everything works, judging the look, asking themselves about what is necessary and not, etc. Takes no specialized knowledge, just commitment.[/quote]

Count me in, please!

Dieselrider

#14 Post by Dieselrider »

Jerry3904 wrote:
The help I will need for this official Mepis Xfce lies in finding people who will look rigorously at the development versions as we progress--testing that everything works, judging the look, asking themselves about what is necessary and not, etc. Takes no specialized knowledge, just commitment.

I do have some time for the colder months and a laptop, that I am looking for some distro to put on. Count me in and I'll do what I can.

Gaer Boy

#15 Post by Gaer Boy »

Jerry3904 wrote:The help I will need for this official Mepis Xfce lies in finding people who will look rigorously at the development versions as we progress--testing that everything works, judging the look, asking themselves about what is necessary and not, etc. Takes no specialized knowledge, just commitment.
You can add my name - I need to change the OS on my Aspire One netbook and this is an interesting option. I will have to wander up to the free wi-fi at the local pub to test that, but that's no hardship. I can hardly use their wi-fi without buying a pint!

I would like to contribute further, but I have limited skills and will be out of action for a while in the New Year for a revision of my hip joint.

Phil

Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX, Ryzen 5 5600G, 16GB, 250GB Samsung SSD (GPT), 2x1TB HDD (MBR), MX-21-AHS
Lenovo Thinkpad X220, dual-core i5, 4MB, 120GB Samsung SSD (GPT), MX-21

Jerry3904
Administrator

#16 Post by Jerry3904 »

That's great, thanks! Some of my best review work has been accompanied by a pint...
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Paul..

#17 Post by Paul.. »

The help I will need for this official Mepis Xfce lies in finding people who will look rigorously at the development versions as we progress--testing that everything works, judging the look, asking themselves about what is necessary and not, etc. Takes no specialized knowledge, just commitment.
Happy to help review. FWIW, I just installed Xfce on a stock version of Debian and have been headed in a more minimal direction anyway...using Crunchbang for production at the moment.

Asus Prime X570-Pro | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
16 Gig DDR4 3600 | Radeon RX 5600 XT Graphics
Samsung 860 500GB SSDs (2)

tascoast

#18 Post by tascoast »

Just a quick comment on file mirrors that may also apply more generally.

Australia, ISP Bigpond (and others perhaps) allows unmetered downloads from:

http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/

currently offering links to (cut/paste):

Firefox & Thunderbird Linux Mint Centos VideoLAN
CPAN/Perl TED Talks Kernel.Org Sage Mathematics
Fedora openSUSE Raspbian Ubuntu
FreeBSD MacPorts Project NetBSD OpenBSD

Not sure how hard it would be to have them host content but something to consider perhaps.

Good luck with development, am yet to try M12.

kindly

Mick
Inspiron 15 5000-5593- (i7-1065G7) MX 19.2 AHS/MX-21//W10 - Lenovo ThinkCentre A58 4GBRAM (64-bit), MX-21/MX19/antiX19/Mint 19

Stevo
Developer

#19 Post by Stevo »

I don't worry too much about big file uploads since Google Drive went up to 15 GB for free.

malspa

#20 Post by malspa »

pcallahan80 wrote:
Happy to help review. FWIW, I just installed Xfce on a stock version of Debian and have been headed in a more minimal direction anyway...using Crunchbang for production at the moment.
I can't promise commitment or a rigorous look at the development versions. However, I've added Xfce to Mepis (and other distros) quite a few times, and I ran a Debian-based Xfce distro, SalineOS, for well over a year here. I run Wheezy Xfce on my "primary" computer, and I also use Xfce in Bridge Linux and Arch. So I'll try things out as things progress, and maybe I can be of some help. I think that a Mepis Xfce spin is a great idea. Anyway, I'm very curious to see how Mepis Xfce might differ from Wheezy Xfce.

Return to “General”