MX Tools

Forum for discussion and implementation of project work to enhance mxlinux.org and other MX Websites
gimcrack

MX Tools

#1 Post by gimcrack »

I just notice something. Every new comer or vet that moves to MX. Everybody appraise all those MX tools that you guys have. What's surprising me, they aren't listed anywhere on the MX website. I look at all your links and can't find anything mention about your MX Tools. You put hard work into them and everybody is enjoying all these MX Tools. Except you don't have them mention on your website. I believe you should change that and put the MX Tools list somewhere on your website for easy assessment. I'm still waiting for your MX Manual for MX 18.1 to show up on your website as well.

BitJam
Developer

Re: MX Tools

#2 Post by BitJam »

The MX Tools are listed on the Current Release Features page. Perhaps the discussion could be amplified.

I found that page from the top menu on the home page: Products --> Features. I then went to "Tools for common tasks".
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

gimcrack

#3 Post by gimcrack »

BitJam wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:17 am The MX Tools are listed on the Current Release Features page. Perhaps the discussion could be amplified.

I found that page from the top menu on the home page: Products --> Features. I then went to "Tools for common tasks".
Thanks for pointing that out. I miss that. The MX Tools Repositories would be nice to be listed as well. https://github.com/MX-Linux?page=1. Thinking of created a Startup page with a MX theme. Found the best Startup browser pages on a distro call Voyager. Might pull some ideas from them and transmitted them into a MX style Startup Page. Who knows, maybe it can be added here if it's good enough or someone improves on it.

rasat

#4 Post by rasat »

BitJam wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:17 am The MX Tools are listed on the Current Release Features page. Perhaps the discussion could be amplified.
Most of the new comers start with MX front page. Not immediately the menu, but page text and three image links:
- At The Desk
- On The Loose
- With The Group

They expect to read/see new information at each image, but all show same Current Release Feature page.... its too much amplified. :)
Suggestion: Divide the information according to image topic.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#5 Post by Jerry3904 »

I'm still waiting for your MX Manual for MX 18.1 to show up on your website as well.
There's exactly one person working on it, and that work means that every page has to be read, links have to be checked, outdated images replaced, all statements validated, new content conceived and added, old content removed, etc. Section 5 will be uploaded tonight, then not much more to go.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Jerry3904
Administrator

#6 Post by Jerry3904 »

@BitJam, gimcrack, rasat: save the critique for the new website that comes online in a few days.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB

manyroads

#7 Post by manyroads »

Jerry3904 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:55 am
I'm still waiting for your MX Manual for MX 18.1 to show up on your website as well.
There's exactly one person working on it, and that work means that every page has to be read, links have to be checked, outdated images replaced, all statements validated, new content conceived and added, old content removed, etc. Section 5 will be uploaded tonight, then not much more to go.
If the new manual is placed on the new Wordpress site, there is a great Wordpress plugin that will check all links and report breakages. It is cleverly called: Broken Link Checker

I have it managing over 3000 links on my ManyRoads site.
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Jerry3904
Administrator

#8 Post by Jerry3904 »

Thanks. Not sure how exactly we get it there ATM, but that would certainly be a big help.

Return to “Website”