[Social Network] Mastodon

Forum for discussion and implementation of project work to enhance mxlinux.org and other MX Websites
Gerson

Re: [Social Network] Mastodon

#11 Post by Gerson »

I am in Mastodon.social and could collaborate if they allow me.
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

Artim

#12 Post by Artim »

manyroads wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:24 am
I think this is the correct diaspora link??? https://diasporafoundation.org/
That links directly to the Diaspora project, and from there you can choose a "pod" (instance, or server) and sign up to give it a go. My Diaspora profile and activity is unsearchable and private now, but if anyone wants to connect they can PM me here.

manyroads

#13 Post by manyroads »

Artim wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:52 pm
manyroads wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:24 am
I think this is the correct diaspora link??? https://diasporafoundation.org/
That links directly to the Diaspora project, and from there you can choose a "pod" (instance, or server) and sign up to give it a go. My Diaspora profile and activity is unsearchable and private now, but if anyone wants to connect they can PM me here.
Actually I got the impression that the Diaspora toolset might not be quite "ready for prime time". Am I correct in that impression or am I misreading the postings on the site?
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Artim

#14 Post by Artim »

Diaspora is the oldest and largest of the "federated" networks. It's more like Facebook and macroblogging, while some of the others, like Mastodon, are more like Twitter for "microblogging" and stuff.

Very active development going on, and lots of cool features. I don't know what "ready for prime time" means to different people, but for me it's more than a privacy-respecting drop-in replacement for Facebook.

Return to “Website”