-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Printing Gnumeric spreadsheets in KDE

This forum is intended for the discussion around the use of MEPIS in an office setting as distinct from home or indivicual usage. Examples include mail merge, database construction, hardware sharing, advertising, etc..
eemaestro
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Printing Gnumeric spreadsheets in KDE

#1 Post by eemaestro » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:45 pm

I use gnumeric in MEPIS12 KDE to tabulate and analyze spreadsheet data (text). However, gnumeric is a GNOME app, and gives me an error message when I try to print from gnumeric.

I want to print the table in landscape mode, that is along the long edge of an 8.5x11" page.

So, I tried copying the data to LibreOffice writer and to LibreOffice calc. I got printouts, but only in portrait mode, not in landscape mode even though I selected landscape mode as a printer settings option for my laser printer before printing. I tried three different formats, .gnumeric, .csv, and .pdf. None converted the text to landscape
mode.

Any other ideas on how I might do this? As in gimp or ps or inkscape or ?

Could it be there's a hardware option on my hp LaserJet 2200dse that needs to be set to make it print to the paper in landscape mode ?

Jerry3904
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Printing Gnumeric spreadsheets in KDE

#2 Post by Jerry3904 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:30 pm

Did you already try clicking in LO Format > Page > Page tab, and changing from Portrait to Landscape?
Production: 4.15.0-1-amd64, MX-17.1, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 4.15.0-1-386. MX-17.1, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB
Personal: XPS 13, 4.18.0-19.3-liquorix, 4 GB

eemaestro
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Re: Printing Gnumeric spreadsheets in KDE

#3 Post by eemaestro » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:14 pm

Not until you suggested it, Jerry3904. I just did it in LO Calc. It worked, both in Page Preview and when I printed it.
Thank you, Jerry3904, for solving this problem.

Return to “Office”