-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

LO: No SDBC driver was found for the URL 'sdbc:embedded:hsql

This forum is intended for the discussion around the use of MEPIS in an office setting as distinct from home or indivicual usage. Examples include mail merge, database construction, hardware sharing, advertising, etc..
Jerry3904
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

LO: No SDBC driver was found for the URL 'sdbc:embedded:hsql

#1 Post by Jerry3904 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:37 am

In LO 4.2.5.2, I suddenly started getting the error message when trying to use a LO database where I keep all my vendor information. Googled the error message, saw that it is connected to LO Base somehow, but that is installed and the Jave runtime environment is enabled. Opened Synaptic and searched on LO, found this package that looked like I might need it:
libreoffice-sdbc-hsqldb
The Firebird SDBC Driver allows one to use the Firebird database from LibreOffice without any wrapper layer such as ODBC or JDBC.
When I restarted LO, everything worked normally. I never had to install that separately before, and find it a pretty significant omission from the standard install package.
Production: 4.15.0-1-amd64, MX-17.1, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, Kingston SSD 120 GB and WesternDigital 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 4.15.0-1-386. MX-17.1, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB

Return to “Office”