going to try later on, please give advices (+introductions)

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
FONZACUS

going to try later on, please give advices (+introductions)

#1 Post by FONZACUS »

sorry if i posted this in the wrong subsection (and while technically not a user yet), but id like to ask a few questions before diving in. this forum seems like the main forum for mx, while also supporting antix and mepis right? are questions regarding the two alright here?

my laptops 60gb ssd split half (excluding 500 "recovery" and 100 efi) for wandows 10 and arch is nearing its capacity, im probably going to do a full install later on, and am currently interested in either mx or antix (max). im not new to linux, as ive been wandering around linux since wan 8, and have a preference using debian testing xfce cd (which i like to name 'detest' for teh lulz). currently im having fun using frugal puppy, and to my joy, both max support frugals. puppy to me is like a hobby i guess, but i need something a bit bigger, the antix base might be more to my liking. i also have a preference for x64 and debian as a base system.

despite wanting to run away from wandows in general, i just cant run away from gaming (tried ubuntu, arch, manjaro but yeah...). i plan on giving wan10 the full partition and frugally installing max with it + refind. before i carry out the plan, i feel like trying out the current betas for both max and see how they play out. would be nice if mx also had smaller isos available, but i do see some active respins.

hopefully i can have fun jumping in soon enough.

https://download.tuxfamily.org/antix/do ... index.html
antiX-core is no longer using a libre kernel and includes non-free firmware, which means that most wireless is supported.
does this mean the base also includes common firmwares?

anticapitalista
Developer

Re: going to try later on, please give advices (+introductions)

#2 Post by anticapitalista »

FONZACUS wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:58 am
antiX-core is no longer using a libre kernel and includes non-free firmware, which means that most wireless is supported.
does this mean the base also includes common firmwares?
Yes it does.

And welcome to the forums.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Stevo
Developer

Re: going to try later on, please give advices (+introductions)

#3 Post by Stevo »

If you have a couple of pendrives laying around, you can also create persistent Live USBs for each distro, giving you just about all the benefits of a hard drive install without any of the risks, until you decide to take that step.

Return to “General”