SOLVED: "PrintSir Plus PS-1203" Parallel-Port-to-Ethernet adapter: Required voltage?

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
MX-16_fan

SOLVED: "PrintSir Plus PS-1203" Parallel-Port-to-Ethernet adapter: Required voltage?

#1 Post by MX-16_fan »

@all:

I need to print to an old printer that has a Parallel Port only, so a friend lent me the above-mentioned adapter. Unfortunately he wasn't sure about which of the many old mains adapters he has in his giant spare parts box is the right one for this device. The device itself doesn't have any information on it that would tell us which voltage is required.

Does any one of you happen to have one of those PrintSir Plus PS-1203 adapters, and to know what voltage is right here?

Thanks in advance for any hint, and a nice week to all of you,

Joe
Last edited by MX-16_fan on Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timkb4cq
Developer

Re: "PrintSir Plus PS-1203" Parallel-Port-to-Ethernet adapter: Required voltage?

#2 Post by timkb4cq »

HP Pavillion TP01, AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (quad core), Crucial 500GB SSD, Toshiba 6TB 7200rpm
Dell Inspiron 15, AMD Ryzen 7 2700u (quad core). Sabrent 500GB nvme, Seagate 1TB

MX-16_fan

Re: "PrintSir Plus PS-1203" Parallel-Port-to-Ethernet adapter: Required voltage?

#3 Post by MX-16_fan »

@timkb4cq:
timkb4cq wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:01 pm 7.5V DC @ 0.5 Amp
http://edimax.ro/images/Image/Phase-out ... S-1203.htm
Thanks for that valuable link, which – strangely enough –my colleague didn't find with any search engine.

I'll mark this thread "SOLVED".

Greetings, and a nice weekend to you, Joe

Return to “General”