MX Linux - The New Distro King?

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
deanr72

MX Linux - The New Distro King?

#1 Post by deanr72 »

Any thoughts on this? According to the video the answer is 'no' btw, not MX but...

https://youtu.be/bykFqda_rsk

richb
Administrator

Re: MX Linux - The New Distro King?

#2 Post by richb »

I think it is a silly video. Discussing a Linux king or Linux Standard is a futile exercise.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Sparky

#3 Post by Sparky »

Came out of nowhere? Then he lists a bunch of 'buntu based distros because they are based on Debian even though they are 'buntus which are then based on Debian.... The guy doesn't know what he is talking about, IMO.
MX Linux Asus F552, 12GB RAM, 500GB WD SSD MX19.2
Dell Inspiron 7559 16GB RAM 1X 256GB SSD & 1TB SSD MX KDE 21.1 & Windows 11
Mini Tower PC 2X 256GB SSD MX KDE21.1

Huckleberry Finn

#4 Post by Huckleberry Finn »

Imho, using expressions like "King" "Greatest" etc. are wrong, exaggerated and childish. And especially comparing MX or any other disto to Debian is a big mistake. Cause if someone is a true Linux enthusiast -no matter he's an ordinary pc user or even a developer - he/she would never consider Debian only one of the distros, but a "main factory". And when the word "Debian" is pronounced, all he/she would do is "Salute".

So, the correct expressions could be "user friendly" "most popular" etc..

handy

#5 Post by handy »

Click bait.
1_MSI: MAG B560 TORP', i5, RAM 16GB, GTX 1070 Ti 12GB, M2 238GB + USB, MX-23 Fb to Openbox
2_Lenovo: Ideapad 520S, i5, RAM 8GB, GPU i620, HDD 1TB, MX-21 - Openbox
3_Clevo: P150SM-A, i7, RAM 16GB, nVidia 8600, 2x 1TB HDD & M.2 256 GB, MX-21 - Openbox

Paul..

#6 Post by Paul.. »

No doubt.

Asus Prime X570-Pro | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
16 Gig DDR4 3600 | Radeon RX 5600 XT Graphics
Samsung 860 500GB SSDs (2)

Artim

#7 Post by Artim »

Those titles are for fanboys, not for the rest of us. A fanboy might name his favorite distro
Bestest, Most Wonderfulest and Awesomeful Distro in the History of Ever
even if it's full of bugs and unstable as all getout. I know some Manjaro users like this, and some Mint users, and of course 'Buntu (Lubu, Xubu, Kubu, Ubu, etc) users like this. One thing most fanboys have in common: They rarely actually read the manual and solve their own problems with a little research and patience. They just say, "this distro sucks" and move on to another that does everything for them. Instead of being grateful to have any alternative to Windows and Mac (much less a free alternative, they simply expect Linux to perform just like Windows and Mac and complain when it doesn't.

deanr72

#8 Post by deanr72 »

It's his enthusiastic praise for Debian that I find particularly interesting. And this is something that does seem especially widespread since Buster came out.

Artim

#9 Post by Artim »

IN a real sense, Debian IS "King" of distros, since there are a zillion and twelve distros derived from it and depending on it, probably more than any of the other "monarch" distros like Red Hat and/or Arch

rasat

#10 Post by rasat »

The author knew himself moving in shallow water, easily being trashed. IMO, he narrated quite well, MX position today. And Debian deserves the high regarded place. Highly conservative (old packages) in early days. Now with its new approach, hold to its updated packages and stability such as Debian 10.

Return to “General”