Knowledgebase

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
manyroads

Knowledgebase

#1 Post by manyroads »

I have created a WordPress based Knowledgebase (via plugin) . This is going to take a while to build out but I have 15 items online currently. Topics areas currently include MXLinux, antiX, xfce, linux, conky. Many are a synopsis of items posted here. If you wish to have access to my 'stuff' it is here:

http://eirenicon.org/knowledge-base/

Enjoy!
Last edited by manyroads on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Sparky

Re: Knowledgebase

#2 Post by Sparky »

Great job! I've already read a few articles! The one on bluetooth is especially important for me:)
MX Linux Asus F552, 12GB RAM, 500GB WD SSD MX19.2
Dell Inspiron 7559 16GB RAM 1X 256GB SSD & 1TB SSD MX KDE 21.1 & Windows 11
Mini Tower PC 2X 256GB SSD MX KDE21.1

manyroads

#3 Post by manyroads »

Sparky wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:31 pm Great job! I've already read a few articles! The one on bluetooth is especially important for me:)
@Sparky Please enjoy. When I get home, I'll add more. Tomorrow is an airplane day for me. :eek: 9_9
Pax vobiscum,
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

manyroads

#4 Post by manyroads »

I have added some 26 articles and guides to my guidance page (Knowledge Base Tool). I hope people find the materials to be helpful.
Topic areas include:
- antiX
- MX Linux
- xfce
- (Linux) applications
- Linux
--- scripts
--- keybindings
--- conky

http://eirenicon.org/knowledgebase/
Pax vobiscum,

Jerry3904
Administrator

#5 Post by Jerry3904 »

I'm a little confused about what your goal is with this. How exactly do you see its relation to other information sources on the same or similar topics?
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

manyroads

#6 Post by manyroads »

It's my stuff and my learning shared with those who might be interested. None of it comes from here. Is that a problem for you in some way?

Edit: I think I lied. One of the scripts, I share, was largely written by @fehlix in response to one of my threads (a question on automatically updating testrepo apps).
Pax vobiscum,

Jerry3904
Administrator

#7 Post by Jerry3904 »

Not a problem, just wondered...
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

dreamer

#8 Post by dreamer »

Thanks. This is going to be useful. I'm soon done testing Xubuntu and Xfce 4.14 and will install antiX instead.

manyroads

#9 Post by manyroads »

dreamer wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:18 pm Thanks. This is going to be useful. I'm soon done testing Xubuntu and Xfce 4.14 and will install antiX instead.
Gotta say I like antiX... for me. For my wife, dad and sister MX is much better. ;)
Pax vobiscum,

malspa

#10 Post by malspa »

Thanks very much, manyroads!

Return to “General”