duo core is alive!

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
mmikeinsantarosa
Developer

duo core is alive!

#1 Post by mmikeinsantarosa »

Maybe a year ago, my little duo core laptop began to refuse to connect to my home wifi. At first I thought it was due to a recent upgrade but no. I've had this thing in service since MX14 and upgraded it fresh for every release. I tried older MX-15/16 installs and still a no go. Eventually I put it out in the garage waiting for a trip to an e-Waste site.

Yesterday, I figured I'd drop it off at the dump after work but figured I'd give it one more shot with MX18.2 and wifi worked. It took some serious Jethro Bodine ciphering but it finally dawned on me that between the last time I troubleshot this sucker and now, we'd gotten our AT&T modem/wireless router replaced. It was that old AT&T modem/wifi unit that was the problem!

Just something to think about (which I didn't) when your wifi quits working.

BTW, every other mobile device never had a wifi problem, just this one older dell.

- mike
LT: MX19.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: duo core is alive!

#2 Post by Jerry3904 »

Nice! That is a good reminder to think about the hardware--i sometimes get the feeling that everyone dies better than I do...
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

dreamer

#3 Post by dreamer »

Jerry3904 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:14 pm Nice! That is a good reminder to think about the hardware--i sometimes get the feeling that everyone dies better than I do...
I don't die well at all. ;)

BitJam
Developer

#4 Post by BitJam »

A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once. It seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.

-- William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

Jerry3904
Administrator

#5 Post by Jerry3904 »

"does" you idiots!
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

wulf

#6 Post by wulf »

Hahahaha...Priceless :)

KBD

#7 Post by KBD »

Glad you got that figured out :)

BitJam
Developer

#8 Post by BitJam »

Jerry3904 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:36 pm "does" you idiots!
LoL! My best laugh in weeks. Thank you. Still laughing. Well played sir.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

duane

#9 Post by duane »

What no bucks?
Lenovo M92p Quad Core i5 3470 3.2Ghz

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#10 Post by JayM »

BitJam wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:35 pm A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once. It seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.

-- William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar
"He who screams and runs away lives to run another day."
-Ben Franklin
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

Return to “General”