Torrent reduced to a (very) slow drip

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
Gordon Cooper

Torrent reduced to a (very) slow drip

#1 Post by Gordon Cooper »

Just a comment. My dictionary refers to as torrent as fast moving. My torrent system is currently uploading slowly to a potential antiX user in Sardinia.

Their bits per second upload speed here is usually in single digits. After several days of activity the total is just over 10%. Other users appear, upload,
and disappear with good speeds. This one must be saddled with a sensationally slow line. :confused:
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

Stevo
Developer

Re: Torrent reduced to a (very) slow drip

#2 Post by Stevo »

Dial-up, perhaps?

Gordon Cooper

#3 Post by Gordon Cooper »

Looks as if they have abandoned it. The overnight uptake was about 0.5%, but shortly after 8am(local) the connection disappeared and has not returned.
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.

Paul..

#4 Post by Paul.. »

Current Status: Our 2 Servers are each running opentracker + seeder

l2.mxrepo.com
peers 460
seeds 445

it.mxrepo.com
peers 348
seeds 335

Apart from the guy in Sardinia...how is it performing for you in NZ, Gordon?

Asus Prime X570-Pro | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
16 Gig DDR4 3600 | Radeon RX 5600 XT Graphics
Samsung 860 500GB SSDs (2)

Gordon Cooper

#5 Post by Gordon Cooper »

Hi Paul, generally the performance is good and I have very few problems since we changed over to Theo's servers. Occasionally, as happened with Pale Moon this week
we miss an MX upgrade because of Time differences but that is not a issue for me and the upgrade will be there the next day. Am helped too by all of this part of
town changing to glass fibre quite early in the NZ project. It is fast and reliable. The torrents just keep going and if the very occasional power failure does happen, I can run the gear from a solar charged backup supply.

Return to “General”