Best Linux Distros 2019, desktop

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
BitJam
Developer

Best Linux Distros 2019, desktop

#1 Post by BitJam »

This is over a month old and may have been posted before but I could not find it in quick cursory search.

Best Linux Distro 2019, desktop (Sorted by: easy, satisfying, challenging)

MX-Linux is a new entry in the "Easy" list and antiX-Linux is a new entry in the "Satisfying" list.

Please keep your minds out of the gutter.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

deanr72

Re: Best Linux Distros 2019, desktop

#2 Post by deanr72 »

I've been a steady Mint Cinnamon guy for over a year but have tried a lot of other distros just for the hell of it. Although I've been impressed by the look of several (KDE, Manjaro Mate, hell - even Ubuntu 18.10 is beginning to 'look' quite nice) I can honestly say the only one that hit me with a major WOW factor has been MX Linux. From the moment I booted I was impressed by the assistance upon boot-up via the welcome screen (Popular Apps! - genius!) and the sheer speed and smoothness of the OS. One or two headaches and I'm sure there'll be more but there sure is a helluva lot to be impressed by.

Pete963

#3 Post by Pete963 »

Started Linux with Linspire then Ubuntu, then Mint just setup very old laptop with 32 bit MX and then changed my desktop over to MX. Can't express how impressed I am with it. Can only like it to when I changed from XP to linspire
thanks to all those involved.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#4 Post by Jerry3904 »

Welcome, and thanks for the good words!
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Return to “General”