Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

Pointer frozen on Live Boot and all logos are really small.

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
jeffbush

Pointer frozen on Live Boot and all logos are really small.

#1 Post by jeffbush »

I have hard time trying to install MX18 on HP Spectre X360 df0008ca. I disabled secure and fast boot and enabled Legacy boot for the Live usb to boot. Now everything is small on the screen and the pointer won't move. Any idea on how to make it work? Tried to enable 3D Nvidia Graphics and no succes. Also tried several Live boot usb drive with several distros. They all work fine on my Dell Inspiron and freezes on the HP Spectre X360. Could it be a usb 3 or usb 2 issue? Or should i convert to MBR instead of GPT? Thanks to point me the right direction.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BitJam
Developer

Re: Pointer frozen on Live Boot and all logos are really small.

#2 Post by BitJam »

It sounds like it is a problem with the graphics driver. A Google(linux HP Spectre X360) may show how others have solved this problem. You say you are booting legacy. There should be an "F6 Failsafe" menu in the bootloader screen. Press <F6> and then select "Safe Video". This might get you to a working GUI. If not, then we will need to pursue other options. If someone here is using one of those machines then they can probably tell us the answer, otherwise will we look to Google.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

jeffbush

#3 Post by jeffbush »

No F6. Just
F1 System Information
F2 System Diagnistics
F7 HP SpareKey
F9 Boot Device Options
F10 BIOS Setup
F11 System Recovery

ENTER CONTINUE STARTUP

Fibogacci

#4 Post by Fibogacci »

I think BitJam did mean MX boot screen, not HP.

MX boot screen when you boot from LiveDVD or LiveUSB.

Image of MX boot screen:
http://www.linuxandubuntu.com/uploads/2 ... u_orig.jpg
MX-18 Continuum x86_64: laptop Dell Inspiron N7110, Intel Core i5-2410M @ 2.900GHz, 4GB RAM, Kernel: 4.19, DE: Xfce

Stevo
Developer

#5 Post by Stevo »

There is some results on Google that the touchpad doesn't work on Ubuntu 18.04. Can you try it with a USB mouse?

If that's a 4K screen, the UI elements will look really small to start with, but most of the icons, panels, fonts, etc. can be embiggened to appear normal.

Oh, yes, it's a 4K 15.6 in. screen. The first thing is to increase your font dpi in the settings until you can read them comfortably.

Stevo
Developer

#6 Post by Stevo »

There are also some possible tweaks in this Fedora thread: https://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthre ... &p=1815821

Including a hint that getting the latest kernel you can might help. We have up to 4.20.7 at the moment in the test repo.

Return to “General”