Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

Vivaldi and KeePassXC integration

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
Buck Fankers

Vivaldi and KeePassXC integration

#1 Post by Buck Fankers »

I have couple/three questions:

1 - how is integration between Vivaldi browser and KeePassXC password manager?

2 - which browsers works the best with KeePassXC? Which combo do you like the best?

3 - newly installed Vivaldi is asking for password. Since I will use KeePassXC I don't need built in password manager or key ring or whatever. I'm assuming it s not Gnome keyring? How can I check out if it is gnome keyring? Anyway, what would be best course of action for this? I rememebr seeing similar question about passwords few months ago, but I'm not sure if my question is related, were those questions OS related and my is Vivaldi related? Sorry, still beginner.

fehlix
Developer

Re: Vivaldi and KeePassXC integration

#2 Post by fehlix »

Buck Fankers wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:28 pm 3 - newly installed Vivaldi is asking for password. Since I will use KeePassXC I don't need built in password manager or key ring or whatever. I'm assuming it s not Gnome keyring?
The keyring used by chromium based bowser are not only used for passwords, but for internal unique system id to store safely. So best keep it on. Actually in MX18 with no-autologin the gnome-keyring will be unlocked after login with username and password (in theory). Sometimes the gnomekeyring stays locked or get locked e.g. if you choose thunar as root...
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

Buck Fankers

#3 Post by Buck Fankers »

fehlix wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:06 pm The keyring used by chromium based bowser are not only used for passwords, but for internal unique system id to store safely. So best keep it on...
OK, thanks!
So I better enter some short password then ;-)

philotux

#4 Post by philotux »

Buck Fankers wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:28 pm which browsers works the best with KeePassXC? Which combo do you like the best?
I have used it with Firefox and Chromium and it works well with both of them.

Return to “General”