Debian Buster

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
KBD

Debian Buster

#1 Post by KBD »

Installed and been using Debian Buster most of the day. I like to see where the next Debian Stable is at once it goes into freeze. So far very impressed. I installed it using the Debian non-free iso. It's at Alpha 4 now. I've become a fan of using non-free so I can install with my wifi instead of having to plug into the Internet.
I had one glitch where it froze when I tried to install debian-goodies, other than that no issues at all. I'm using MATE desktop, but I imagine Xfce is going to be great as well.
Looks like MX has another great base for its future launch :)

Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: Debian Buster

#2 Post by Jerry3904 »

We have our work cut out for us this year, if both Buster and Xfce 4.14 are released!
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

KBD

Re: Debian Buster

#3 Post by KBD »

Jerry3904 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:56 pm We have our work cut out for us this year, if both Buster and Xfce 4.14 are released!
And think how awesome the next MX will be :) But yeah, lots to do.

Return to “General”