Librefox

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
wulf

Librefox

#1 Post by wulf »

This looks to be an interesting project >
https://github.com/intika/Librefox

Gerson

Re: Librefox

#2 Post by Gerson »

The idea is interesting. I was reading it but I did not find a .deb package to install and test. I'm not a friend of Firefox, I use Slimjet and Vivaldi and I uninstalled Firefox because it generated slowness and freezes from MX17 beta
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

PPC

#3 Post by PPC »

Hi!
@Gerson- the developers seem to have not created a application file - even the compressed files they offer in github are only small 40 to 60 kb zip files that, according to the instructions should be decompressed to your Firefox folder. It's more like a Firefox costumization, not a new application in itself...
I didn't test that, but, to be on the safe side and test LibreFox you can download a Firefox tar file, uncompress it to a folder, merge librefox files with those firefox files, according to the instructions in the zip file and then execute the firefox available in that folder (note: you have to close all other instances of firefox that are already running before starting this "altered" Firefox)...

P.

Gerson

#4 Post by Gerson »

Nahhh... @PPC it does not strike me that way. Better I invite you to try Brave, I use it on another machine and it goes very well.
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

manyroads

#5 Post by manyroads »

I find there are many browsers that 'almost' work well. ;)
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Return to “General”