Gaaaah mice!

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
Eadwine Rose
Administrator

Gaaaah mice!

#1 Post by Eadwine Rose »

Ahhh aaahahaaaaa aahh nooo aahhh...

Doerak (my cat) came walking into the room with a mouse. One of those tiny ones hardly bigger than my thumb, and I have a small thumb. Uhm.. yeah.. noo.. OUTSIDE with that, hop! Picked up cat (including mouse), flung them through the cat flap into the enclosure.

Brrr I don't want that inside.. mice are sweet and cute when I'd have them as a pet or something. Doerak is sweet too.. but no.. that mess.. out!

And then the brain started rambling: what if someone threw poison out and the mouse ate that and now Doerak will eat that mouse and.. ok.. back to the door I went, into the enclosure. Grab and rattle the cat, mouse freed, flung the cat inside, closed the door, closed the flap. Inside you. MEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWW!! Yeah, no, no whining, INSIDE!!

I actually really needed to get some sleep but this thing rattled my autistic cage so much that I couldn't. GRRRRRR.

I'll be able to in a bit I'm sure.. but geez.. he's gonna be 8 in March, first time ever I see him with a mouse. WORMS, now that is more common. Mice, not so much.
MX-23.2_x64 July 31 2023 * 6.1.0-20-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.18.1 * 8core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 525.147.05 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy 5030

manyroads

Re: Gaaaah mice!

#2 Post by manyroads »

Ah we love those kitties.... Our kitty "big Tim" a mere 11 kilos and 1 meter (stretched out) would never do such a thing. He'd have to go outside, and it's cold.... :eek:
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Eadwine Rose
Administrator

#3 Post by Eadwine Rose »

hahaha!!! Doerak is a sweetie.. but he's a hunter ;)

Slightly less big btw.. 6 kilos :)
MX-23.2_x64 July 31 2023 * 6.1.0-20-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.18.1 * 8core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 525.147.05 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator

BitJam
Developer

#4 Post by BitJam »

Speaking of pets with worms, I got my latest dog, Nichi, from the animal shelter about 14 months ago. I had to wait a day or two for him to get neutered by a vet. All the dogs and cats from the shelter get spayed or neutered. He was a year or two old and wasn't house broken yet. He is half Great Pyrenees and half Border Collie so he is very smart. Since I am home most of the time I figured I could house train him quickly.

He had a few accidents but he did learn quickly. It was only weeks later when I read over his paperwork that I discovered he had been given de-worming medicine when he was at the vet. No one had told me! I had figured his problems were related to his new diet or something.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

Mauser

#5 Post by Mauser »

I have two cats. Your cat was bringing you the mouse as a gift saying, look what I caught. You realize that you insulted your cat when you threw Doerak out the door?
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Stevo
Developer

#6 Post by Stevo »

Eadwine hates meeces to pieces...

Maybe I should do a weekly coyote walk update in a blog or something. i.e., the female went into the yearly heat Thursday, as close as I can tell, so now she and the male are doing it like they do on the Discovery Channel. She's also graduated to taking treats from my hand like the two males. The original three also allowed another adult female? to join the pack a couple weeks ago, so that one is gradually losing its shyness, too. Currently 10 feet is about as close as it will come.

azrielle

#7 Post by azrielle »

My cats used to be rather fond of bats, back in the day, though I saw one catch (and later eat) a sparrow in mid-air.
Lenovo T430 i5/3320m 8GB MX17.1/Win7SP1 180GB SSD/128GB mSATA
Lenovo X230 i7/3520m 12GB MX17.1/Win7SP1 500GB SSD 480GB mSATA
Lenovo X131e i3/3227u 8GB MX21Xfce/Win7SP1 500GB SSD
Lenovo 11e Celeron n3150 4GB MX19/Fedora30Games 128GB SSD

Mauser

#8 Post by Mauser »

Roger is excellent on killing wasps while Melanie goes after ants. They both work as a team going after mice.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Pierre

#9 Post by Pierre »

well - we are past that Time of the Year,, where those rodents will not, need to come inside for the warmth.

but, our 'Major' - a tabby cat, also called "IN & OUT"
- - goes Out the back door,, for maybe 25Min or so,,
- bangs on the Front Door - to be let back in again,, & munches on some cat food, near that front door,
& then heads back - to the Back Door - again.

when the Other Half is Home - - then 'Major' will settle on her Lap, for the whole evening.
& eventually, onto her-side of the bed - - until it wont's to go Out again. maybe 3AM ? dunno about that, as I'm not listening.

Eadwine Rose
Administrator

#10 Post by Eadwine Rose »

Mauser wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:32 pm I have two cats. Your cat was bringing you the mouse as a gift saying, look what I caught. You realize that you insulted your cat when you threw Doerak out the door?
Lol yes I know! He's fine 😉

Return to “General”