How not to ask for help and frustrate those helping you

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
Stevo
Developer

How not to ask for help and frustrate those helping you

#1 Post by Stevo »

I just wasted time with this thread on the Debian forums. :rolleyes: Not only does the OP leave out critical information that must be pried out of them, what they are actually asking at any time is very hard to make out:

http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=139188

Bonuses: It's not really a programming problem, and the thread title is misleading and unclear.

Though English might not be the OP's native language, I think that the online translators do a pretty good job today.

Richard

Re: How not to ask for help and frustrate those helping you

#2 Post by Richard »

English is part of the problem; however,
it sounds like he is texting while trying different things and not replying to questions.

I believe the correct response is,
"Stop. Begin again.
What do you want to do?
What is your question?"

And I'm sure there are some other pertinent information needed.
Thinkpad T430 & Dell Latitude E7450, both with MX-21.3.1
kernal 5.10.0-26-amd64 x86_64; Xfce-4.18.0; 8 GB RAM
Intel Core i5-3380M, Graphics, Audio, Video; & SSDs.

Return to “General”