Printer won't print one specific page prints otherwise

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
duane

Printer won't print one specific page prints otherwise

#1 Post by duane »

Anyone run in to a situation like this?
I made a copy of a page in Simple Scan but I can't print this one page.
The printer seemed to run out of toner at the time the original failure to print occurred.
I put a new toner cartridge in and now it works but fails to print the page the problem originated at.
There seems to be an error in the cups cache.
Despite that I can print other documents.
I renamed the document and even moved it to another computer on the same printer.
It still won't print.
I can print similar documents but not this one.
This has got me bugged.
I think I will re-scan the document and give it a new name.
Just thinking out loud.
Lenovo M92p Quad Core i5 3470 3.2Ghz

timkb4cq
Developer

Re: Printer won't print one specific page prints otherwise

#2 Post by timkb4cq »

What resolution did you scan at and what filetype did you save the scan as.
It's possible that the printer doesn't have enough memory to process the bitmap. I've run into this with an older Laser Printer (MFC-7220 introduced 2005. Only16MB ram - and still going strong). Using gscan2pdf to scan & save as a PDF will usually let these print.
HP Pavillion TP01, AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (quad core), Crucial 500GB SSD, Toshiba 6TB 7200rpm
Dell Inspiron 15, AMD Ryzen 7 2700u (quad core). Sabrent 500GB nvme, Seagate 1TB

duane

#3 Post by duane »

I bought the maximum ram available for the printer when I got it.
I think it has 64 Mb of ram.
I don't think that was the problem though.
Eventually I used a usb drive to move it to my wife's printer and printed it there with no problem.
My printer is a much better model that hers.
If I have a problem in the future maybe I can narrow it down.
I scanned it as a photo at 300 dpi. It was a .jpg.
It is a mystery to me.
I am going to continue using the printer as is and watch things more closely.

Thanks for the response.

Mauser

#4 Post by Mauser »

Install a different image viewer like Mirage because I found you can't print from the stock MX Linux image viewer.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

duane

#5 Post by duane »

True. I always use gwenview and was using it at the time.

Return to “General”