New O.S. for LG phone.

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
Mauser

New O.S. for LG phone.

#1 Post by Mauser »

Does anyone know anything to replace that Google spyware/malware called Android? I have looked into LineageOS but I don't know which one to download to install because they have no listing for my phone. LineageOS has no support forum, only a IRC that is as useful as water in a gasoline tank. I have a LG Smart Phone that is more stupid than a box of rocks because of Android being on it. The LG model number is LGL84VL and my cell phone carrier is Straight Talk. Or does anyone know a web site that might help.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

asqwerth
Developer

Re: New O.S. for LG phone.

#2 Post by asqwerth »

Visit this site: https://www.xda-developers.com/what-is- ... m-android/

and also their forums. They usually have sub-boards for different phones and different custom ROMs.

You might find appropriate custom roms for your phone. Some roms may have privacy as their focus.

HOWEVER, rooting your phone (assuming it's possible) and flashing (ie installing) the ROM onto your phone is not easy and will often require the terminal, which is something I know you don't like.

No harm checking out all the information on the xda site, though.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Raitsa

Re: New O.S. for LG phone.

#3 Post by Raitsa »

If you want to get rid of the original software or Google stuff in your phone, here is a very good place to start:

https://gitlab.com/joelhansen/awesome-floss-mobile

Return to “General”