New MX User here

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
MAYBL8
MX Packager

New MX User here

#1 Post by MAYBL8 »

Just wanted to introduce myself to the community.
I have just landed into MX land.
Happy to be here. This distro seems like one I am going to like. You seem to have a good system here with Stable and ease of getting latest package updates safely.
A little about my Journey with Linux.
I started out a few years ago with Mandriva. When that ended I went over to Mint. I liked the Debian version of mint at the time because it was more of a rolling release and I could use KDE with it. Then they decided to stop supporting KDE and one of the users there developed his own spin and called it Solydxk. I followed them because they were a rolling Debian release. It was too bad they couldn't get more development support and changed to just be Debian Stable. So I created my own Debian that was a testing version with MATE as its desktop. I had been using that for a while and with Steve's help got my compiz working in testing. So I followed Steve here into MX and I think this is where I want to stay now.
Been trolling the forum for a couple of weeks and everyone here seems so nice. The Debian Forum has a lot of talented people there but they don't have much time for people that are not experts with Linux. You can learn a lot there.
I am still learning and packaging interests me but I don't have the time to devote to it. Full time job and family makes it hard to find time.
I will try to help people here if I can. I'm not a programmer but I dabble once in a while.
On a personal note , I live in St. Louis MO area. I am an IT Manager for a Mechanical Contractor here and run their IT department.
It is of course heavily relying on MS. We use some technologies that their back end is Linux run. Our phone system uses Linux as its operating system and our Storage which is Nimble uses Linux as its operating system.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to hanging out here.
Dan

oops

Re: New MX User here

#2 Post by oops »

welcome among us Dcihon.
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

mmikeinsantarosa
Developer

#3 Post by mmikeinsantarosa »

Welcome aboard!

- mike
LT: MX19.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

KernSpy

#4 Post by KernSpy »

Welcome .. Welcome .. Welcome ..
MX-19.2_x64 | System76 Galago UltraPro / Clevo W740SU | Intel Core i7-4770HQ | Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 | 16 GB DDR3 | Intel 530 series mSATA SSD - 240-GB | WD7500BPKX - 750-GB | Intel HD Audio.

Return to “General”