MX Developer spin by member

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
Buck Fankers

MX Developer spin by member

#1 Post by Buck Fankers »

Several weeks ago someone posted that he made his own personal MX spin geared toward development. I just can't find it. Anyone happens to have a link to a post or iso file?

kmathern
Developer

Re: MX Developer spin by member

#2 Post by kmathern »

I found this post by Adrian about his 'MX-Workbench' spin: http://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php? ... 0d#p458145. And maybe read thru the rest of that thread in case he posted an update.

Adrian
Developer

#3 Post by Adrian »

It's not a "development" edition, it's more of a sysadmin or multi-tool type of respin. Also, I guess Development can mean many thing, what would you need? Aren't the tools you need easily installable? We could maybe make a collection to add in "Popular" section of Package Installer, we already have something for Qt development.

asqwerth
Developer

#4 Post by asqwerth »

No, OP is referring to a spin that a member, whom I'm not familiar with, made and posted on his own website.

Search the forum for "kraken".
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Redacted

#5 Post by Redacted »

Buck Fankers

#6 Post by Buck Fankers »

asqwerth wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:55 am No, OP is referring to a spin that a member, whom I'm not familiar with, made and posted on his own website.

Search the forum for "kraken".
Yes, correct and thank you!

Buck Fankers

#7 Post by Buck Fankers »

Redacted wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:06 am Here's the thread:
https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php ... nt#p458005
That is the one, I need to learn how to do proper search, tried 'development' and few other things I could not locate it.

Thank you!

Return to “General”