I guess this is where I might introduce myself?

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
Drakken

I guess this is where I might introduce myself?

#1 Post by Drakken »

Y'all are awesome!

With that out of the way? I have used linux since 1998. Started out with Slackware way. WAY back on a 386dx/40. I have made a bit of living dealing with Redhat distros. I have a pretty good background in OS integration. I bounced around for more than a few years than I would like to admit when it comes to Distros/DE's/WM's etc. Never thought I would settle with XFCE and back to Debian. :X
But I have to say the experience has been pretty awesome. The only thing I need to sort out is pulse audio issues with USB head phones.
Never forget too listen. When you listen? You learn.
~[Main box]: AMD-FX6300, 32GB RAM, 750-ti, MX-17-64bit
-[main laptop]: Thinkpad x-220, 8GB, MX-17-64Bit
-[other]: Thinkpad T42, 1GB RAM, Antix-32bit

oops

Re: I guess this is where I might introduce myself?

#2 Post by oops »

welcome among us.
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

Pierre

#3 Post by Pierre »

welcome to our Forum
:alien:

you will find lots of Windows Refugees around these parts.
:lipsrsealed:

Mauser

#4 Post by Mauser »

Welcome to MX Linux, you and your experience is welcome here. Enjoy.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#5 Post by dolphin_oracle »

welcome!
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

Drakken

#6 Post by Drakken »

Good Lord! Does time fly!
Thank y'all for your warm welcome. I have tweaked and played with Mx and not since Crunchbang can I say I am back home with linux on my home production gear. I still have a few things to sort out with my x220. But I would think it has to do with vid-driver issues.
I look forward to helping out more, sharing what I know and learning what I do not.
I am LOVING anitx on my T-42! It's like that old girl has a new life!. I will do what I can where I can and I guess hang out in the irc channel to get to know, be a part of an awesome distro.

V/R,
Drakken
Never forget too listen. When you listen? You learn.
~[Main box]: AMD-FX6300, 32GB RAM, 750-ti, MX-17-64bit
-[main laptop]: Thinkpad x-220, 8GB, MX-17-64Bit
-[other]: Thinkpad T42, 1GB RAM, Antix-32bit

asqwerth
Developer

#7 Post by asqwerth »

Welcome!

I enjoyed Crunchbang 9 to 11 as well. Never really got so much into Bunsenlabs the distro (had a Virtualbox VM for a while), although their forum (especially their conky thread) is very good. Good content, nice looking (the forum, fonts, etc)

MX does not have an IRC channel, so this forum would be THE place to hang out. ;-)
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Jerry3904
Administrator

#8 Post by Jerry3904 »

There is also the Facebook group, where 900 people are now members.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/665300826967101/
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

KernSpy

#9 Post by KernSpy »

Hello and Welcome .. Drakken
MX-19.2_x64 | System76 Galago UltraPro / Clevo W740SU | Intel Core i7-4770HQ | Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 | 16 GB DDR3 | Intel 530 series mSATA SSD - 240-GB | WD7500BPKX - 750-GB | Intel HD Audio.

Return to “General”