New Linux forum

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
Mauser

New Linux forum

#1 Post by Mauser »

Some may know Joe Collins on YouTube has started a new Linux forum called EzeeTalk. I suggested he add a MX Linux section. Here is the site. https://www.ezeelinux.com/talk/index.php
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

frank392

Re: New Linux forum

#2 Post by frank392 »

That forum is going to fail big time. I suggest we stay here and have all the info available in one place :) thank you!

sdibaja

#3 Post by sdibaja »

Joe Collins is not the sharpest pencil in the box, but he has a fan base.
a total of 332 posts in 55 threads sounds like it is off to a good start.
I will follow a bit on my feed reader
Peter E.
Baja California, Mexico.

Gordon Cooper

#4 Post by Gordon Cooper »

Will also follow for a while. could be another place to spread the MX word even if there is not a separate section.
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

Eadwine Rose
Administrator

#5 Post by Eadwine Rose »

If we start having a separate section there then we need people to keep an eye on that separate section all the time as well. We have enough work on our hands here. Of course mentioning MX in other places online can't hurt.
MX-23.2_x64 July 31 2023 * 6.1.0-18-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.18.1 * 8core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 525.147.05 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy 5030

richb
Administrator

#6 Post by richb »

frank392 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:54 pm That forum is going to fail big time. I suggest we stay here and have all the info available in one place :) thank you!
This is and will remain the official MX Linux Forum. It is the best source of help and information about MX along with the Community Website, Wiki and the docs. Nevertheless there is room for other internet avenues, Facebook and Twitter for example that we administer and monitor. With the growing user base and popularity of MX Linux it is not surprising others sites will pop up. We can only monitor them as best we can but are not responsible for their content.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Gerson

#7 Post by Gerson »

I already registered in that site and I will be attentive to what is published there on MX Linux, the division is harmful, but the diversification is good, the official forum of MX Linux as expressed by @richb is and will continue to be this, which is It aims to make MX Linux better known as what it is, a stable, safe and comfortable distribution to use but always as a source for its official website.

G.Traductor
Ya me registré en ese sitio y estaré atento a lo que se publique allí sobre MX Linux, la división es perjudicial, pero la diversificación es buena, el foro oficial de MX Linux como lo expresa @richb es y seguirá siendo éste, lo que se pretende es hacer conocer de la mejor manera a MX Linux como lo que es, una distribución estable, segura y cómoda para usar pero siempre como fuente su página oficial.
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

malspa

#8 Post by malspa »

I think it's good to have Linux forums out there that aren't necessarily dedicated to any one particular distro (LinuxQuestions.org, for example, which does have the "antiX / MX Linux" subforum) (do folks here try to "monitor" that as well?). I hope "EzeeTalk" catches on, but I don't like that name! I might register there later, haven't done so yet.

Adrian
Developer

#9 Post by Adrian »

richb wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:29 am
frank392 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:54 pm That forum is going to fail big time. I suggest we stay here and have all the info available in one place :) thank you!
This is and will remain the official MX Linux Forum. It is the best source of help and information about MX along with the Community Website, Wiki and the docs. Nevertheless there is room for other internet avenues, Facebook and Twitter for example that we administer and monitor. With the growing user base and popularity of MX Linux it is not surprising others sites will pop up. We can only monitor them as best we can but are not responsible for their content.
+1
I could not have said it better. Also, we try to be where users are, that's why we do Facebook and Google Plus and Twitter and reddit. But then again the quality of help differ and although I try to pop in reddit for example you won't get there the same help you'd get on the official forum.

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#10 Post by ChrisUK »

I wasn't sure how I felt about this, but after some thought...

IMHO (means I might say something that others won't like)

This forum, and the fact that the devs give up their free time here, is one of the main reasons that I use MX Linux. You don't get this direct contact in most other forums, in fact, I doubt that I've seen devs visit more than a few times a year... some I've seen no interaction with users at all - and I've been in Linux forums for many years (different usernames, but it's been me ;) )

Anyway, if newbies start neglecting this forum for a new one with a funny (rather childish ;) ) name, they are in danger of getting general advice rather than specific advice on MX, and I can't see it benefiting MX Linux. There's only so many people with useful knowledge and with limited time to share it.

I'm in the "If it aint broke, don't fix it" camp... things are looking quite good for MX Linux lately... I'd hate that growth to be retarded by new users getting bad advice and moving on to a different Distro for the wrong reasons.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

Return to “General”