Mepnoob2005's newest post

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
mepnoob2005

Mepnoob2005's newest post

#1 Post by mepnoob2005 »

Hello everyone! Mepnoob2005 here. It's been a long while since I posted anything but I have been busy. I still install MX Linux on every computer I can. I have started many many users get using MX Linux.
When MX Linux was still MEPIS I had answered many many questions that new users posted. One year I answered over 5000 questions but still Adrian and some others answered even more that year.
I have been boosting MX Linux in another way entirely. The last few months I started answering Linux based questions at Quora. I have only answered 72 questions under my real name Kerry Walper. I have been promoting MX Linux in all my Linux based questions that I get asked to answer. Since I started answering questions at Quora I have had over 11000 users read my answers. I have already had over 5000 Quora users read my answers this month alone. Yes the stats say that over 5000 have read my answers, in August, on how to install MX Linux, how to create partitons etc. I did a question on dual booting. One or two on installing MX Linux to a thinkpad. I boasted about our user help user site and that it was possibly the best site of it's kind anywhere. The questions were like the ones I used to answer here but from computer users who hadn't already tried MX Linux. So to make a long story short I think there will be a large influx of new users coming on board.
I see that now MX Linux is number 4 at distrowatch over the last week, last month and last three months. It is in 6th overall but I think it will easily rise to number one. The user reviews at distrowatch pertaining to MX Linux are stellar. I hope to post more often but I am busy welding up custom built wood cook stoves designed for the tiny home builders market.
<MOD: advertising language and link removed>.
Again a big hello to all those that remember me and to those that don't know me .Hello! :celebrate: :spinning:

Richard

Re: Mepnoob2005's newest post

#2 Post by Richard »

I already read this, once, in another thread.
Thinkpad T430 & Dell Latitude E7450, both with MX-21.3.1
kernal 5.10.0-26-amd64 x86_64; Xfce-4.18.0; 8 GB RAM
Intel Core i5-3380M, Graphics, Audio, Video; & SSDs.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#3 Post by Jerry3904 »

It was in the French forum, and I just deleted it. It also doesn't belong here, I moved it.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

mepnoob2005

#4 Post by mepnoob2005 »

Just an update. As of today, over the last seven days at Distrowatch, MX Linux is in the number two position. It is ahead of Mint and still climbing. :celebrate: :celebrate: :clap: :clap:

Return to “General”