MX for Beginners.

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
Mauser

Re: MX for Beginners

#41 Post by Mauser »

I came from using Windows back in Sept. 2015. While I like Linux a lot better than Windows there is one thing that the Linux community does very poorly is pushing the use of the command line onto others and making fun of people who despise the command line or who can't understand it. I never experienced this when I used Windows. If it wasn't for the G.U.I. and the MX Linux community I wouldn't use MX Linux. I don't object to someone liking the command line and using it. I don't object to the command line being used for support as long as the ones giving support tell me what to copy and paste in the terminal which the MX Linux community is excellent about and it's all these reasons why MX Linux is new user friendly, user friendly.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Eadwine Rose
Administrator

Re: MX for Beginners

#42 Post by Eadwine Rose »

I am glad I grew into things. One of my dear .. in fact my longest friend at this moment :) introduced me to Mepis, my brother installed it for me at the time. At some point in time I dove in and just tried it myself, without his help, and I.. who didn't know ANYTHING really except for using the stuff that came with it.. managed just fine.

If I can learn, with my shoddy memory and all, anyone can :laugh:
MX-23.2_x64 July 31 2023 * 6.1.0-18-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.18.1 * 8core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 525.147.05 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy 5030

Return to “General”