MX-Linux at #8

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
Mauser

MX-Linux at #8

#1 Post by Mauser »

I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Artim

Re: MX-Linux at #8

#2 Post by Artim »

It's nice that word is getting out! I have bragging like crazy about MX-17 on my blog and on the Diaspora social network. Just talking it up gets alot of people interested in checking it out, especially if they're not satisfied with their current OS.

But of course the numbers on Distrowatch don't reflect anything but clicks on articles about a distro; not the number of users. I wonder if people make too much of Distrowatch's "rankings."

rasat

#3 Post by rasat »

In two weeks MX Linux will be #7..... soon becomes among the 5 top distros. For the users its inspiring, but for devs there will be a pressure/stress to maintain the expected quality. I experienced this in Arch Linux when suddenly moved from #23 to #11. They managed when users come forward to help. This created the Arch community with different roles and input. One of the great input was the wiki documentation by the users.

Its great seeing MX Linux development.

Gordon Cooper

#4 Post by Gordon Cooper »

Yes indeed, the progress is wonderful. I just hope that the success of MX and the ever increasing workload does not overwhelm our very keen, but small, group of developers.
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#5 Post by Jerry3904 »

Artim wrote:It's nice that word is getting out! I have bragging like crazy about MX-17 on my blog and on the Diaspora social network. Just talking it up gets alot of people interested in checking it out, especially if they're not satisfied with their current OS.

But of course the numbers on Distrowatch don't reflect anything but clicks on articles about a distro; not the number of users. I wonder if people make too much of Distrowatch's "rankings."
We've seen and appreciate your blog, and have a couple of entries from it on our reviews page. Thanks.

On the DW rankings: you're right, but it's the only quantitative measure out there, so carries some information about interest at least. Of much greater significance IMO is the #1 ranking by users on DW.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Mauser

#6 Post by Mauser »

All good points noted. Hopefully additional developers will join the MX team to help as it becomes more popular helping with the work load.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Artim

#7 Post by Artim »

Oh! I never saw the Reviews page before. Thanks! Some really great stuff there going back a long way.

Return to “General”