only a little note

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
skidoo

Re: only a little note

#11 Post by skidoo »

[redacted, after exchanging PMs with k_sz]
Last edited by skidoo on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

k_sz

#12 Post by k_sz »

Noted, thank you.
> Desktop : AMD 64 bits (unknowned monocore model :P looking for an AM2+ 4cores Phenom) | RAM 4Go DDR2 | MX@daily updates, sudo apt dist-upgrade
> Laptop x2 : WIP obsolescence and "old" batteries prices have killed my project

wiko

#13 Post by wiko »

The people who demand my respect and kind treatment are not toxic are very intelligent so that depends on what is "demanded" and maybe I do not express myself well. English is not my first language, what I meant is that the members of the forum including me, should be vigilant of inappropriate behavior of participants. Precisely to keep the site friendly to the participants. It is only one observation. I have personally abandoned other distros and believe that others have done so simply because of that detail. And of this, there is plenty of documentation. But that is another subject. The important thing is that the participating members do NOT attack each other for simple opinions and to maintain a friendly discussion aimed at solving problems. Is not that the purpose of the forum?

wiko

invalid duplicated

#14 Post by wiko »

invalid duplicated text
Last edited by wiko on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

asqwerth
Developer

#15 Post by asqwerth »

May I ask whether there was an incident on this forum that prompted your original post in this thread? Maybe I don't read every post on the forum, but this thread seemed to come out of nowhere.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Gordon Cooper

#16 Post by Gordon Cooper »

@ asqwerth Speaking as an older inhabitant of the forum, and as one who reads everything, I do not think that 'wiko' did find an incident but was merely repeating
something read elsewhere. Unfortunately our forum seems to be deviating from a place where we can discuss MX/AntiX and endeavour to solve issues, to a platform
for the expression of anything at all. A definite deterioration in recent days.

PLEASE restrict your posts to MX/AntiX. Moderators please apply the Chop to any transgressors.
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

malspa

#17 Post by malspa »

Gordon Cooper wrote:PLEASE restrict your posts to MX/AntiX. Moderators please apply the Chop to any transgressors.
I don't see this in the forum rules.

richb
Administrator

#18 Post by richb »

Moderator Comment

We do not restrict conversations to only Mepis and MX/AntiX. We provide a chat sub forum for topics not specifically related to Mepis or MX/AntiX. This thread belongs there and I will move it.

Help for other distros should be directed to their help forums.

While not a Forum Rule we certainly would like to keep discussions not related to MX, Mepis or AntiX at a reasonable, (undefined) level. It has never been an issue in the past, and I do not really see this as a problem yet. But we are always vigilant.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

rokytnji.1
Global Moderator

#19 Post by rokytnji.1 »

Non moderator comment. Just a user comment.

Meh. I like Jack's < Easy Rider > take on things.

" I am what I am. Your approval is not needed , "

On Friday and Saturday. It is a pull out the garden hose. Pull up a ice chest and lawn chair. Hook up the sprinkler, Start drinking your favorite cooled down beverage as the sprinkler soaks you kind of day here in West Texas. We don't get gloomy thought processes with that kind of out door activity.
Our Winters are fun.

Now? Back to whatever this thread was about.
Something about hate and discontent I think?
But then, I am always a slow study on things.

in2media

#20 Post by in2media »

imho i think this topic should be locked before it gets out of hand
win 7 pc, lubuntu 17.10 on compaq pressario, mx 17 on inspiron 1545.
samsung 700g7c mx17
registered linux user number 625675
linux is a way of life
otmapp wwwc krazies and kattle and the krew

Return to “General”