Dark theme disappointment.

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
richb
Administrator

Dark theme disappointment.

#1 Post by richb »

Why do theme designers insist on using some dark grey icons for the toolbar. They are barely visible. For example the text formatting icons in LO writer with Obsidian-2. Or it is an LO issue. But the same problem exists in many other applications including XFCE dialogs. Other than that this theme is very nice looking.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

asqwerth
Developer

Re: Dark theme disappointment.

#2 Post by asqwerth »

Well darn it.

I didn't test LO with obsidian2 . Could the LO native icons be changed from the light grey theme (sifr?) to the more colorful Tango?
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

richb
Administrator

Re: Dark theme disappointment.

#3 Post by richb »

It is an issue with all dark themes. Seems to be a native LO issue with dark themes. I do not know how to change the LO icon set. Except from Galaxy to Human. But that does not help.

Hold on, libreoffice styles are in the repo.

EDIT: libtreoffice-style-hicontrast gives the best results.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Return to “General”