News
-- Introducing our new Website
-- MX Linux on social media: here

Current releases
-- MX-18.3 Point Release release info here
-- Migration Information to MX-18 here
-- antiX-17.4.1 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Super Bowl - on line coverage

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board. Just don't post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
namida12
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Super Bowl - on line coverage

Post by namida12 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:30 pm

Watching Super Bowl 50 Online Easier Than Ever?

Quote: "If you're a cord cutter planning to watch Super Bowl 50 this weekend, your options have improved over last year. This is the fourth year that CBS will stream the big game online, but the company this year says it has notably ramped up the number of devices users can use to do so. The company will stream the game via CBSSports.com, but Verizon Wireless subscribers can also watch the game via Verizon's NFL Mobile app."

And this is an amazing Quote: "We find that people are interested in having the game wherever they want it and at any time. This gives viewers more options, and they are able to watch on any device they want wherever they are," said Jeffrey Gerttula, senior vice president and general manager of CBS Sports Digital. "The demand is there and consumers are expecting more."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... ine-on-cbs

Maybe I am wrong, but wonder if this works on Linux?

JR
MX-16 64-bit
AMD X4 630......2.8 GHz....4146 MB DDR2.....800 Memory
MX-15 64-bit
AMD A4-7300.....3.8 GHz...8192 MB DDR3...1600 Memory
Mepis 11 64-bit
AMD X4 620......2.6 GHz....4146 MB DDR2.....800 Memory

Dieselrider
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Super Bowl - on line coverage

Post by Dieselrider » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:50 am

I have been watching football online all this season with sites like First Row Sports and VIP sports all using Linux. I don't see why it would be any difference with the Super Bowl?
Always try to be the best but, never think you are the best.

MX-18 64 bit
Asus M4A79XTD EVO Mobo,
AMD Phenom II X4 965 CPU,
Corsair 8GB DDR3 RAM,
Seagate 1TB HDD,
Ultra LSP550 550W Power Supply

SilverBear
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Post by SilverBear » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:47 pm

What is this "soup bowl" you Americans speak of? Is it like the World Cup?
:devil: :bouncing:
"masai7" Intel i7 3770k; 16GB RAM; GeForce GTX-750

lucky9
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by lucky9 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:55 pm

Fresh off the Saucer?
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

greywolf
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by greywolf » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:49 pm

SilverBear wrote:What is this "soup bowl" you Americans speak of? Is it like the World Cup?
:devil: :bouncing:
It is BUT, don't forget, "World" as in Champion, Series or any other sporting context for our American friends only refers to that "world" enclosed within the GREAT WALL OF TRUMP!!!!

:happy: :happy:

Looking forward to the game, shame the Packers didn't make it. I'm predicting a high scoring affair?

greywolf.
It is about the Dragons - it was always about the Dragons!

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Stevo » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:14 pm

Dieselrider wrote:I have been watching football online all this season with sites like First Row Sports and VIP sports all using Linux. I don't see why it would be any difference with the Super Bowl?
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think those sites aggregate pirated live sports streams. There would be a big difference between those and an official stream that may attempt to enforce DRM or use some proprietary technology such as NBC did with Olympic coverage and Silverlight years ago.

rokytnji.1
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by rokytnji.1 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:43 pm

Maybe I am wrong, but wonder if this works on Linux?
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... ar_preview

CBS sports streams OK for me so far
http://i.imgur.com/AzDtSLZ.png

lucky9
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by lucky9 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:37 pm

Both teams have good defenses. So scoring may be lower than some anticipate. Of course both quarterbacks are very good at putting points on the board. I just don't want to watch a runaway.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

uncle mark
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by uncle mark » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:21 pm

Stevo wrote:
Dieselrider wrote:I have been watching football online all this season with sites like First Row Sports and VIP sports all using Linux. I don't see why it would be any difference with the Super Bowl?
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think those sites aggregate pirated live sports streams. There would be a big difference between those and an official stream that may attempt to enforce DRM or use some proprietary technology such as NBC did with Olympic coverage and Silverlight years ago.
You're right. They are. But they do work when all else fails. Being an Indiana University fan I have to resort to them when our games are relegated to the third tier channel by BTN or ESPN and aren't offered on my standard Comcast service. Happens more often with football than basketball. IU's football is historically bad (but on the rise), while the basketball program is one of the better ones nationally. That's reflected in the coverage they receive.

The good news is that with Linux, I don't have to worry about the cesspool of malware and spyware and hijackers that using those sites expose one to. After the game, I close the browser, delete the cache, and I'm good to go.
Desktop: Custom build Asus/AMD/nVidia -- MEPIS 11
Laptop: Acer Aspire 5250 -- MX-15
Assorted junk: assorted Linuxes

Leo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Leo » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:59 am

I've been a Denver fan for a loong time, so I'm excited. I've got a feeling (and a hope) that this is going to be a good game. Two excellent defenses, two excellent quarterbacks, neither team is prissy or thuggish. So, my fingers are crossed, and I'll be cheering on the Broncos. I might be a little overboard, though...my wife is going to her sister's so she can root for my step-son's team...the Panthers...

:rock:
There are exceptions to every rule...
and I know I'm exceptional... :lion2:
:linuxlove:
Linux user #415188
Linux machine #446574
Athlon 64 3400+, nVidia MX440, 2GB, MX-16

Return to “General”