general

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
Adrian
Developer

Re: general

#21 Post by Adrian »

richb wrote:From our Forum Rules:
You can talk about other distros here (talk or discuss, not bash for any reason), but no MEPIS bashing.
Ha ha, we can bash MX and antiX, but not MEPIS :)

malspa

#22 Post by malspa »

golden45 wrote:Distrowatch has linspire and freespire iso 64 .Wow I thought they were far gone but they are back.john
Interesting. Linspire was my first Linux distro, before I found out about Mepis. I had a notebook that came preinstalled with Linspire. I never got around to trying Freespire, but maybe I'll download it, just for fun. Can it be run live from a flash drive?

golden45

#23 Post by golden45 »

I downloaded the freespire iso and put it on a usb drive-then booted it live.

Before installing so you can run it live from usb before you install the iso to a hard dive.thanks john.

malspa

#24 Post by malspa »

Yeah, I finally got around to doing the same, tested it live from a flash drive. Doesn't come with all the nice tools that MX has, but it seemed okay to me. I'm not planning on installing it, though.

golden45

#25 Post by golden45 »

Your right in your assement of freespire .Was just interested to see what changes were done since last freespire release.It doesn't even come close to mx linux 17.thanks john

golden45

#26 Post by golden45 »

To each and everyone Merry Christmas

svx_biker

#27 Post by svx_biker »

What a topic title: general in General :-)

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Machine: Acer Aspire S5-371
CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U with 8GB RAM
MX-19 Beta-2 with Kernel 4.19.0-6

Return to “General”