Five Flavours of Linux

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
Pierre

Five Flavours of Linux

#1 Post by Pierre »

so, the author bought an New Laptop, and it came with Win-10:
https://www.zdnet.com/article/installin ... 14-laptop/
I let the Windows setup procedure run on first boot, until I got to the point where it became clear to me that it is now impossible to install Windows without a Microsoft account .. Absolutely impossible .. Windows 10 has always asked for a Microsoft account during setup, but there was a tiny (nearly invisible) option to use only a local account, which I always did .. Well, now that option is gone, and if you dig around long enough you can eventually find an explanation that says if you don't want to use a Microsoft account, well, you have to anyway, but after the installation is complete you can go back into the configuration and change it to use a local account.
9_9
that's news to me. .. the last time, that I'd looked, you could still utilize an Local Account,
- at least it was last month, when I'd been messing around, installing win-10 v1903

anyway, after the Author had wiped that win-10 - - he then proceeded to install Five Flavours of Linux:
- - which is what the article is really about.
but, no MX-Linux - unfortunately.
Please use the check-mark icon to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Huckleberry Finn

Re: Five Flavours of Linux

#2 Post by Huckleberry Finn »

Someone wrote a comment
Would you possibly consider re-visiting your MX-Linux evaluation and reporting on this, and your latest comments and observations, please? It would be deeply appreciated.

Return to “General”