-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

MEPIS 12 docker color

Here is where all questions and discussions about KDE should go.
eemaestro
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

MEPIS 12 docker color

#1 Post by eemaestro » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:45 am

Last night it took me almost 20 minutes to figure out how to change my desktop color using KDE 4.8.4. Now it's blue with white highlighting underneath the black text. I noticed the docker panel background color also changed to blue--a different shade of blue. I want it an altogether different color. I spent another 20 minutes trying to figure out how to change its color, to no avail. Does anybody remember ? By docker, I mean the panel to which the white on blue icon bearing the MEPIS logo is attached (like the K button on earlier KDE versions. Not sure if docker is the right term or not.
I poked around in the "panel options" after rt.-clicking on the docker background but couldn't find background color choice option.

OOPS!!!! I also managed to remove the docker icons corresponding to running instances of application programs !!!

Has anybody integrated a version of Window Maker into MEPIS, or another Debian distro.?

richb
Administrator

Re: MEPIS 12 docker color

#2 Post by richb » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:15 pm

eemaestro wrote:Last night it took me almost 20 minutes to figure out how to change my desktop color using KDE 4.8.4. Now it's blue with white highlighting underneath the black text. I noticed the docker panel background color also changed to blue--a different shade of blue. I want it an altogether different color. I spent another 20 minutes trying to figure out how to change its color, to no avail. Does anybody remember ? By docker, I mean the panel to which the white on blue icon bearing the MEPIS logo is attached (like the K button on earlier KDE versions. Not sure if docker is the right term or not.
I poked around in the "panel options" after rt.-clicking on the docker background but couldn't find background color choice option.

OOPS!!!! I also managed to remove the docker icons corresponding to running instances of application programs !!!

Has anybody integrated a version of Window Maker into MEPIS, or another Debian distro.?
As I recall, memory be faulty, on KDE4 the only way to change the panel color is to change the theme. There is no independent color option.
For running instances you need to add the widget back in. It is the task manager. You can then move it where you want. Check the manual, it may be covered there.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

Rich
SSD Production: MX 17.1
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB, 350 GB HD

eemaestro
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

#3 Post by eemaestro » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:20 pm

For running instances you need to add the widget back in. It is the task manager.
Thanks, richb. Got it! Now I don't have to have 59 instances of the same program running.........wondering why I can't get anything done.

eemaestro
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

#4 Post by eemaestro » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:14 am

You're right that the windows "theme" has to be changed in order to select the docker color. I managed to reset its color closer to my desired color, but at the expense of making the window's title bar the same color, which I don't like. Has anybody here made his/her own "theme" for the KDE 4.84. Plasma desktop ? If yes, please tell me what is involved with that.

Return to “KDE”