Welcome!
Important information
-- Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities
-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Packages being worked on by the Repo Team

Discussion about the MEPIS Community's Repo.
Message
Author
User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 15981
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: Packages being worked on by the Repo Team

#1031 Post by Stevo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:21 pm

Unfortunately, we found it's not practicable to backport a newer GTK 3--it would break too many packages built against the older libraries, thanks to the GTK developers' indifference to backwards compatiblity.

Maybe there's a flatpak or snap package for Handbrake that would work--otherwise you could use the command line version or upgrade to MX 17 to enjoy the new version.

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2328
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: Packages being worked on by the Repo Team

#1032 Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:18 am

seamonkey-2.49.4
LT: MX17.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 4.16.0-12.1-liquorix-amd64 (64 bit)
DT: Intel(R) Core i5-3.1GHz Kernel~3.9-1-mepis64 x86_64

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 15981
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: Packages being worked on by the Repo Team

#1033 Post by Stevo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:57 pm

ffmpeg-4.0.2 (current release) and the mpv 0.29 that requires it.

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 15981
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: Packages being worked on by the Repo Team

#1034 Post by Stevo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:22 pm

Pale Moon 28.0 beta 4, to work out any build issues.

Currently the 64-bit builds fail in the normal pbuilder I was using before, though they build on the OBS:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show ... g/palemoon

I'm trying to work out the issue with my builds, or try alternative methods such as sbuild, but in the worst-case scenario, I can always build our repo packages on the OBS, sign them, and send them up to Tim.

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2328
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: Packages being worked on by the Repo Team

#1035 Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:14 pm

Stevo wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:22 pm
Pale Moon 28.0 beta 4, to work out any build issues.

Currently the 64-bit builds fail in the normal pbuilder I was using before, though they build on the OBS:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show ... g/palemoon

I'm trying to work out the issue with my builds, or try alternative methods such as sbuild, but in the worst-case scenario, I can always build our repo packages on the OBS, sign them, and send them up to Tim.
and they can still be built in a VM, right?
LT: MX17.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 4.16.0-12.1-liquorix-amd64 (64 bit)
DT: Intel(R) Core i5-3.1GHz Kernel~3.9-1-mepis64 x86_64

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 15981
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: Packages being worked on by the Repo Team

#1036 Post by Stevo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:21 pm

mmikeinsantarosa wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:14 pm
Stevo wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:22 pm
Pale Moon 28.0 beta 4, to work out any build issues.

Currently the 64-bit builds fail in the normal pbuilder I was using before, though they build on the OBS:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show ... g/palemoon

I'm trying to work out the issue with my builds, or try alternative methods such as sbuild, but in the worst-case scenario, I can always build our repo packages on the OBS, sign them, and send them up to Tim.
and they can still be built in a VM, right?
Yes, my tests are showing that the error I get is restricted to pbuilder builds. I was already doing the 32-bit builds with sbuild, since they always failed with pbuilder anyway.

The 28.0 beta seems to be working well in my testing, too, and seems to be playing streaming video with somewhat less CPU use than Firefox, too.

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 15981
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: Packages being worked on by the Repo Team

#1037 Post by Stevo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:45 pm

For test repos:

Variety wallpaper downloader and changer 0.6.9
Papirus-icon-theme 20180720
gscan2pdf 2.1.4
Liquorix kernel 4.17-7, based on vanilla 4.7.11 and 4.17.12-rc

Edit: whoops, Liquorix builds all fail, which is probably why there aren't any finished builds in their repo or PPA. It's in the schedutil cpufreq module.

also doing the new firmware 20180518 packages from upstream.

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 15981
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: Packages being worked on by the Repo Team

#1038 Post by Stevo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:29 pm

Sigil 0.9.10 epub authoring

Focuswriter 1.6.15

Kapow 1.5.8

Peg-E 1.2.6

User avatar
Jerry3904
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 22244
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:13 am

Re: Packages being worked on by the Repo Team

#1039 Post by Jerry3904 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:49 pm

Nice. Maybe this time Kapow will have an export function...
Production: 4.15.0-1-amd64, MX-17.1, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, Kingston SSD 120 GB and WesternDigital 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 4.15.0-1-386. MX-17.1, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 15981
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: Packages being worked on by the Repo Team

#1040 Post by Stevo » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:58 pm

Jerry3904 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:49 pm
Nice. Maybe this time Kapow will have an export function...
Don't see it in the changelog :frown: :

Code: Select all

1.5.8
-----
* FIXED: Automatic high DPI support.

1.5.7
-----
* FIXED: Crash when adding projects.
* FIXED: Crash when removing projects with multiple subprojects.

1.5.6
-----
* Extra warnings only shown in debug build.
* Improved Linux deployment.
* Improved macOS deployment.
* Improved Windows deployment.
* Translation updates: Danish, Portuguese.



Post Reply

Return to “CR Discussion”