Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

REQUEST: Zim Desktop Wiki

For developer discussion on package requests
fladd

REQUEST: Zim Desktop Wiki

#1 Post by fladd »

The version in the Debian repo is quite old. In fact, so old, that some things are not compatible with the current version. Since I sync notebooks via Dropbox with other OS, I cannot use Zim on MX at the moment.

Stevo
Developer

Re: REQUEST: Zim Desktop Wiki

#2 Post by Stevo »

0.68 from Debian testing is backported for our test repo. You can try it early here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NZ29q ... 1qwvOUmlCe

Note that many packages needed for plugins are suggested, not hard depends: https://packages.debian.org/buster/zim

galen

#3 Post by galen »

fladd wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:16 pm The version in the Debian repo is quite old. In fact, so old, that some things are not compatible with the current version. Since I sync notebooks via Dropbox with other OS, I cannot use Zim on MX at the moment.
I'm late to this discussion but I recall having trouble upgrading 0.60 (repo) to 0.65 (package) due to templates not being removed completely.
Once old zim was completely removed zim worked fine across my cloud connected computers. Note: watch out for file case issues if you sync with dropbox (sometimes it will cause filecase conflicts)

PS Bleachbit will mess up zim, it will remove /tmp/zim-user folder. Add your user's /tmp/zim-... folder to bleach bit's white list.
Linux user since 1999, on-line 1993
Dtop#1: XU20 AMD-FX6300, GT730
Dtop#2: MX19 AM3ATH2X2, GT218-8400
Ltop#1: MX21 T500
Ltop#2: MX19 T440
Ltop#3: MX19 NC6400
Ltop#4: XU18 NC4400
Ltop#5: Sparky32 T30 :turtle:
Ltop#6: MX21 Acer E5

nathan2423

#4 Post by nathan2423 »

I use Zim on a daily basis and just noticed that it had new versions released. I use the test repo version at .68, but I see the website says they are now up to .7

Could we update again when someone gets a chance?

Thanks!

https://github.com/zim-desktop-wiki/zim ... ANGELOG.md

Michael-IDA

#5 Post by Michael-IDA »

I very well could be wrong, but shouldn't you make that request in Debian somewhere?

https://packages.debian.org/unstable/x11/zim

I occasionally use Zim as well, I'll add a 'me too' if you can figure out where the update request belongs.

Best,
Michael
MX-19, Trinity Desktop Environment (TDE)
NIH Cancer Study: The group supplemented with both vitamins and fenbendazole exhibited significant (P = 0.009) inhibition of tumor growth.

nathan2423

#6 Post by nathan2423 »

1) Michael-IDA as to Zim, I thought this particular section was the place for package / update requests. Maybe I should have started a new thread.

2) I see your signature says you use Trinity in MX-18. Due to another post I installed Q4OS on a test machine this weekend and was impressed with Trinity - although I am not sure how much of my impression came from Trinity vs customizations made by Q40S especially with the debonaire theme. Are you using Trinity on a daily basis and find it has sufficient advantages over XFCE to justify it? The MX community has too many advantages to consider leaving, but if Trinity works well in MX18 I may give it a try.

Return to “Package Requests / Status”