XTrackCAD 5.2 (xtrkcad) for testing

For developer discussion on package requests
app4soft

XTrackCAD 5.2 (xtrkcad) for testing

#1 Post by app4soft »

Package: xtrkcad
Version needed: testing (nightly) XTrackCAD 5.1 released month ago (March 11, 2018), and it was major release since latest 4.x release.

But 5.1 include few bags, that already fixed in "default", "tip" and "V5.2" branches (since Marh 11, 2018) Also, Debian "Stretch" has no builds for "5.1" or any later than "4.x".

Stevo
Developer

Re: XTrackCAD 5.2 (xtrkcad) for testing

#2 Post by Stevo »

Just sent up a development snapshot build up to the test repo, so hopefully it will appear soon for MX 15/16 and 17.

app4soft

#3 Post by app4soft »

Stevo wrote:Just sent up a development snapshot build up to the test repo, so hopefully it will appear soon for MX 15/16 and 17.
Something went wrong.
  • If try mark only xtrkcad package - Synaptic say that it is broken
  • If try mark both xtrkcad and xtrkcad-commons packages - then it say "NOT AUTHENTICATED"...
    ... and fail on install
P.S.: Previously, for XTrackCAD 5.1.0 (release) its look like only single package was created - "xtrkcad", without dependency to "xtrkcad-commons" So, maybe need check is this dependency still needed?

Stevo
Developer

#4 Post by Stevo »

The new xtrkcad depends on the same version of xtrkcad-common, so that's working like it should. I also tested the install on a couple live sessions in Virtual Box, using the MX package installer, so I can't reproduce the issue.

However, you can probably find out what package is causing the hangup using the command line. Tell us what you get with

Code: Select all

sudo apt install xtrkcad

app4soft

#5 Post by app4soft »

Stevo wrote:The new xtrkcad depends on the same version of xtrkcad-common, so that's working like it should.
Hm, when I use 5.1.0 (release) build it has not any dependency to xtrkcad-common...

Package: xtrkcad
Version: 1:5.1.0-1
Architecture: amd64
Maintainer: Robert Heller <heller@deepsoft.com>
Installed-Size: 19026
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14), libcairo2 (>= 1.2.4), libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 (>= 2.22.0), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.12.0), libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.24.0), libpango-1.0-0 (>= 1.14.0), libpangocairo-1.0-0 (>= 1.22.0), libwebkitgtk-1.0-0 (>= 1.3.10)
Stevo wrote:I also tested the install on a couple live sessions in Virtual Box, using the MX package installer, so I can't reproduce the issue.

However, you can probably find out what package is causing the hangup using the command line. Tell us what you get with

sudo apt install xtrkcad
Strange, but now it installed normally.

Stevo
Developer

#6 Post by Stevo »

That Deepsoft build probably includes all the architecture-independent files in each of its debs, so they didn't create a xtrkcad-common package. Debian's policy is to put those in -common or -data packages.

Those outside packages can end up creating file conflicts, as you have discovered, so it's best to remove them before trying to install the "official" versions.

Return to “Package Requests / Status”