Update: GoldenDict (Testing) [SOLVED]

For developer discussion on package requests
app4soft

Update: GoldenDict (Testing) [SOLVED]

#1 Post by app4soft »

Currently available "stable" version is 1.5.0~git20160508.g92b5485-1.1+b1, but it too old and not updated near 2 years.

But in "master" branch of GoldenDict there are many fixes and additions, so fresh builds ("nightly", "daily", "testing", etc.) needed for test it and get latest features.
Last edited by app4soft on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stevo
Developer

Re: Update: GoldenDict (Testing)

#2 Post by Stevo »

Working on a build from a git snapshot from yesterday. First it requires a backport of hunspell, though, which was simple to do.

Edit: the newer git pull also requires that qtmultimedia5-dev be added to the build-depends. Hope this helps anyone searching the web for a solution that finds this thread. Also had to disable Zim and Chinese conversion options for the MX 15 version, since build-deps backports for those features seem to be not practical on the older Jessie base. Those are OK on MX 17, though.

More: builds fail on MX 15 with some gcc-compiler error. I'm going to throw in the towel for those and just upload MX 17 packages.

app4soft

#3 Post by app4soft »

Stevo wrote:just upload MX 17 packages.
AWESOME! Got it! ;-)

Just for the record, in "About" dialog git number not included, so only "... version 1.5.0-RC2+git" showed, instead of "... version 1.5.0-RC2+git20180406".
Stevo wrote:builds fail on MX 15 with some gcc-compiler error. I'm going to throw in the towel for those
So sad, but hope later someone could solve this issue too.

Stevo
Developer

#4 Post by Stevo »

The numbers in the version after git come from what I manually put in the debian/changelog file, not from anywhere in the source, so I'm not surprised those aren't in the "about" dialog. The other method is use the actual git revision like "git6788e0, but I'm not sure if those come down in order so later versions will be seen as newer, so I used the date to be sure.

app4soft

#5 Post by app4soft »

Stevo wrote:The numbers in the version after git come from what I manually put in the debian/changelog file, not from anywhere in the source, so I'm not surprised those aren't in the "about" dialog. The other method is use the actual git revision like "git6788e0, but I'm not sure if those come down in order so later versions will be seen as newer, so I used the date to be sure.
OK, lets it be as is.

Return to “Package Requests / Status”