Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

opencpn - GPS Navigation Software request

For developer discussion on package requests
towwire

opencpn - GPS Navigation Software request

#1 Post by towwire »

What are the odds of getting the latest stable version of OpenCPN is 4.6.1 released March 31, 2017. Source code here:
https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/tree/v4.6.1
Downloads here: https://opencpn.org/OpenCPN/info/downloadopencpn.html

An older version was done when I could not get the Ubuntu version to work. Not sure I want to add Ubuntu OpenCPN to may source list as it distributed from a Ubuntu PPA.

timkb4cq
Developer

Re: opencpn - GPS Navigation Software request

#2 Post by timkb4cq »

Looks straightforward at first glance. I'll give it a try...
HP Pavillion TP01, AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (quad core), Crucial 500GB SSD, Toshiba 6TB 7200rpm
Dell Inspiron 15, AMD Ryzen 7 2700u (quad core). Sabrent 500GB nvme, Seagate 1TB

timkb4cq
Developer

#3 Post by timkb4cq »

I just put opencpn 4.6.1 up in the testing repository. As I don't have the hardware to properly test it, let me know how it works for you.
HP Pavillion TP01, AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (quad core), Crucial 500GB SSD, Toshiba 6TB 7200rpm
Dell Inspiron 15, AMD Ryzen 7 2700u (quad core). Sabrent 500GB nvme, Seagate 1TB

Jerry3904
Administrator

#4 Post by Jerry3904 »

Nice!
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

GuiGuy

#5 Post by GuiGuy »

timkb4cq wrote:I just put opencpn 4.6.1 up in the testing repository. As I don't have the hardware to properly test it, let me know how it works for you.
Screenshot-6.png
Can't speak for towwire, but it works fine for me. Just need to add charts and put to sea :happy:
Thanks, Tim.

towwire

#6 Post by towwire »

GuiGuy wrote:
timkb4cq wrote:I just put opencpn 4.6.1 up in the testing repository. As I don't have the hardware to properly test it, let me know how it works for you.
Screenshot-6.pngCan't speak for towwire, but it works fine for me. Just need to add charts and put to sea :happy:
Thanks, Tim.
It works for great for me too. This is using enc chart.
Screenshot1.png
The red circles are .25 miles.

It easy to add charts. I will be using it next week on a trip from Reedsport, OR. to Alaska. Not sure if I'll be going all the way up the Yukon river or jumping off before then. I let all my USCG paper's expire when I retired but since I delivered an identical boat before I get to ride as a consultant.

Thank you very much Tim, I do not think you would be that fast, so I did not check back till this morning. Tim did an older version for wheezy. Glad that there are other's that will use it too.

Return to “Package Requests / Status”