firefox 30

For developer discussion on package requests
anticapitalista
Developer

firefox 30

#1 Post by anticapitalista »

Request for super fresh firefox 30 to include in MX-14.1 point release.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

GuiGuy

Re: firefox 30

#2 Post by GuiGuy »

I hope you are joking.
If you are serious, which of the new "features" are desirable?

anticapitalista
Developer

#3 Post by anticapitalista »

I'm deadly serious.

The new features are not my cup of tea (I don't use firefox on my boxes), but firefox is popular and I reckon most users will like it.

If you are running MX-14, then just don't upgrade or even install firefox.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

LnoyBoy

#4 Post by LnoyBoy »

new features ?

I just right clicked, checked "menu bar", and it's as usable as it always was.

lucky9

#5 Post by lucky9 »

I've been pleased with FF 29.0.1. Much more than I thought I would.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

antiX-Dave
Developer

#6 Post by antiX-Dave »

lucky9 wrote:I've been pleased with FF 29.0.1. Much more than I thought I would.
Same. In fact once I became used to the new location for items I actually enjoy the extra real estate the new structure gives the actual web viewing window. Most menus and such I did not have much of a need for as I generally work with the keyboard shortcuts.

Stevo
Developer

#7 Post by Stevo »

Mozilla hasn't finished up their Linux builds and populated their ftp repo yet. Will get the binaries and build the packages ASAP, but it will probably be early tomorrow morning Pacific Daylight time, and depends on the downloads being available then.

Edit: bypassed the "not ready yet" message by directly downloading the tarballs with Firefox update. Building packages...

Stevo
Developer

#8 Post by Stevo »

OK--here's the 32-bit deb that will be in the repo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1UMhs ... sp=sharing

after I finish and upload the rest.

chrispop99
Global Moderator

#9 Post by chrispop99 »

Purged FF28, and installed from deb OK

30 appears little different from 29 (as expected). 'Essential' add-ons - Classic Theme Restorer and Metal Lion Addressbar Improvements - work as intended.

Chris
MX Facebook Group Administrator.
Home-built desktop - Core i5 9400, 970 EVO Plus, 8GB
DELL XPS 15
Lots of test machines

antiX-Dave
Developer

#10 Post by antiX-Dave »

chrispop99 wrote:Purged FF28, and installed from deb OK

30 appears little different from 29 (as expected). 'Essential' add-ons - Classic Theme Restorer and Metal Lion Addressbar Improvements - work as intended.

Chris
Stumbled across this today... thought I have become quite content with the new interface I came across a way to natively restore most functions to pre 29. ( I made mine look identical to 22 for shits and giggles ;) )

Anyway because I am quite accustomed to using keyboard shortcuts, as they always work faster (if you can remember them) I went to use one that I commonly use today and missed one of the keys. Now here is the kicker... missing one of the keys restored the menu bar :D So for anyone interested, and if this wasn't already known.... from a fresh install of firefox give the "alt" key a tap. This should restore the menu bar (temporarilly) then if you click view -> toolbars -> and check menu bar it is permanent. Also a little quicker, tap "alt" + "v" to get to the view menu. From there you can restore the menu bar, bookmarks bar, status bar, etc.....

Hope this is some helpful info and I was not slow to the game on this discovery ;)
Dave

Return to “Package Requests / Status”