MOC

For developer discussion on package requests
TLeeNorris

MOC

#1 Post by TLeeNorris »

More of a player maybe for antiX but seems cool

I tried to build it from source, but failed with dependency issues, installed the correct packages.... ./configure, then make, then make install, seemed to install but it was not there, so i ran make uninstall

http://moc.daper.net/

http://shuffleos.com/633/moc-console-au ... -terminal/

Its in unstable, but aptitude wanted to remove half my shite... so no go..
GeForce GTX 560 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 // AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz 6 Cores // Patriot Viper Xtreme 16GB // GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 // Internal Blu-ray Drive // Antec TWO HUNDRED V2 // Black CoolMax 700W ATX12V

TLeeNorris

Re: MOC

#2 Post by TLeeNorris »

Nevermind its in squeeze, too... just an older version... :bagoverhead:
GeForce GTX 560 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 // AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz 6 Cores // Patriot Viper Xtreme 16GB // GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 // Internal Blu-ray Drive // Antec TWO HUNDRED V2 // Black CoolMax 700W ATX12V

TLeeNorris

#3 Post by TLeeNorris »

Closing the console does not stop it, though.... it just dissapears.... you have to reopen a term and type mocp again.... it uses only 1% of my 6core and .01% of my 16gig of ram........ but still may be good for lighter machines... if you can figure out how to use it..... :confused:

anticapitalista
Developer

#4 Post by anticapitalista »

To close moc, once opened in a terminal, press q
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

darth.severus

#5 Post by darth.severus »

Hi, I wasn't sure if I should open a new thread to Music on Console, or using this one. I think one thread per program is enough, so I'm using this one here.

It's about the version which will soon be in the community repo. I got it from Stevo. It's working fine, except I can't regulate the volume inside mocp. It would be fine if we could find a way to get it perfectly running, and then it really should be part of the official repo including all the dependencies. It may be the best player in linux, especially for podcasts, since the other players are not scriptable (load, start, stop, which file is playing and current sec, jump to second ...).

My current ~/.moc/config is:
# Use OSS for Pulseaudio compatibility (run 'padsp mocp')
SoundDriver = OSS

# OSS output device
OSSDevice = /dev/dsp
# OSS Mixer device
OSSMixerDevice = /dev/mixer0
When I use 'padsp mocp' then I'm able to regulate the volume in Pulseaudio-gui in the tab 'output-devices', but this is for all programs, or it is possible in the tab 'playback' in the field 'OSS emulation'. However, it's not possible to regulate the volume in mocp by using < and >.

Strangely, mocp without padsp doesn't work. Yesterday it did, and I didn't change the config since then. Only stopped the server and wanted to restart it, "FATAL_ERROR: No valid sound driver!"

SoundDriver = ALSA also gives me "FATAL_ERROR: No valid sound driver!", despite I have ALSA installed.
alsa-base is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Installing alsa-oss also doesn't help. libasound2 is installed, liboss4-salsa-asound2 causes broken dependencies.
Acer Extensa 2519 with 4GB RAM v: V1.24 | Intel Celeron N3060 2.4 GHz | Intel HD Graphics 400 (Braswell)

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#6 Post by dolphin_oracle »

darth.severus wrote:Hi, I wasn't sure if I should open a new thread to Music on Console, or using this one. I think one thread per program is enough, so I'm using this one here.

It's about the version which will soon be in the community repo. I got it from Stevo. It's working fine, except I can't regulate the volume inside mocp. It would be fine if we could find a way to get it perfectly running, and then it really should be part of the official repo including all the dependencies. It may be the best player in linux, especially for podcasts, since the other players are not scriptable (load, start, stop, which file is playing and current sec, jump to second ...).

My current ~/.moc/config is:
# Use OSS for Pulseaudio compatibility (run 'padsp mocp')
SoundDriver = OSS

# OSS output device
OSSDevice = /dev/dsp
# OSS Mixer device
OSSMixerDevice = /dev/mixer0
When I use 'padsp mocp' then I'm able to regulate the volume in Pulseaudio-gui in the tab 'output-devices', but this is for all programs, or it is possible in the tab 'playback' in the field 'OSS emulation'. However, it's not possible to regulate the volume in mocp by using < and >.

Strangely, mocp without padsp doesn't work. Yesterday it did, and I didn't change the config since then. Only stopped the server and wanted to restart it, "FATAL_ERROR: No valid sound driver!"

SoundDriver = ALSA also gives me "FATAL_ERROR: No valid sound driver!", despite I have ALSA installed.
alsa-base is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Installing alsa-oss also doesn't help. libasound2 is installed, liboss4-salsa-asound2 causes broken dependencies.
the version in the stable repo works fine here. I didn't need to configure anything. worked with our audio OOTB and there is no ~/.moc/config in use. volume adjustment with the <> keys did work as well. There is some compilation information in the --version output so I'll post it here.

Code: Select all

dolphin@mx1:~
$ mocp --version

This is : Music On Console
          Version : 2.5.0
         Revision : 2668
            Built : Sep  2 2014 10:00:52
    Compiled with : OSS ALSA JACK DEBUG Network streams resample
       Running on : Linux 4.2.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 x86_64
           Author : Damian Pietras
         Homepage : http://moc.daper.net/
           E-Mail : mocmaint@daper.net
        Copyright : (C) 2003-2014 Damian Pietras and others
          License : GNU General Public License, version 2 or later

http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

darth.severus

#7 Post by darth.severus »

Hi, dolphin. I wanted to tell you, it's about the version which will appear in the testing area of the community repo, or is maybe still available there. Stevo gave it to me in advance, I'm not sure if it's there now.

Thanks to you, I tried 'mocp -V' and found out that I was using another (newer, unstable) version, 2.6 alpha1, without knowing it. I had compiled this one, and installed the community version as well. After a restart the mocp command now points to the 2.6 alpha1 version, which it didn't before.

However:
$ /usr/bin/mocp -V

This is : Music On Console
Version : 2.5.0
Revision : 2668
Built : Dec 16 2015 13:14:38

Same problems.
Until, I renamed the config file, so that it isn't beeing used. Now it works, I would never have had this idea, that it could work without any config file (!), since I copied this file from my former installation with another distro and tried to adjust it to make it work. So thanks, you solved it :D
Last edited by darth.severus on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Acer Extensa 2519 with 4GB RAM v: V1.24 | Intel Celeron N3060 2.4 GHz | Intel HD Graphics 400 (Braswell)

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#8 Post by dolphin_oracle »

darth.severus wrote: Same problems.
Until, I renamed the config file, so that it isn't beeing used. Now it works, I would never have had this idea, that it could work without any config file (!), since I copied this file from my former installation with another distro and tried to adjust it to make it work. So thanks, you solved it :D
Ha! Even a blind squirrel gets an acorn sometimes!

darth.severus

#9 Post by darth.severus »

But I've got another problem:
The volume controls in mocp are controlling the master for all devices, which I want to be at 150%, if I go down then it's below 100% and I can't get it up over 100% again. I can't fully control the Alsa Plugin in Pulse, which maybe at 50%. It's even worse, regulating the volume down in mocp causes the Alsa Plugin going down, but I can't get it up again from inside mocp. To get this straight: Inside mocp I can regulate the volume down, but not up again the same way. Pulseaudio seems to make the whole setup more complex. And this problem exists whether using 'mocp' or 'padsp mocp'.

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#10 Post by dolphin_oracle »

darth.severus wrote:But I've got another problem:
The volume controls in mocp are controlling the master for all devices, which I want to be at 150%, if I go down then it's below 100% and I can't get it up over 100% again. I can't fully control the Alsa Plugin in Pulse, which maybe at 50%. It's even worse, regulating the volume down in mocp causes the Alsa Plugin going down, but I can't get it up again from inside mocp. To get this straight: Inside mocp I can regulate the volume down, but not up again the same way. Pulseaudio seems to make the whole setup more complex. And this problem exists whether using 'mocp' or 'padsp mocp'.

hmm... there I can't help. the stable version here is working properly. I can adjust volume between 0% and 100% with the < and > keys.

what is being manipulated is the Master pulse channel in alsa. The volumeicon also manipulates that channel so it reflects the changes.

Return to “Package Requests / Status”