Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

Add 0AD

For developer discussion on package requests
Stevo
Developer

Re: Add 0AD

#11 Post by Stevo »

OK folks, 0ad 0.0.22 is now in the main MX repository, ready for you to give it a try! So it seems that alternative way of building and cross-compiling packages, then signing them after the build, did indeed work. :cool: I already had the system set up some Stretch pbuilder thingies, too.

mmikeinsantarosa
Developer

#12 Post by mmikeinsantarosa »

Stevo wrote:OK folks, 0ad 0.0.22 is now in the main MX repository, ready for you to give it a try! So it seems that alternative way of building and cross-compiling packages, then signing them after the build, did indeed work. :cool: I already had the system set up some Stretch pbuilder thingies, too.
huh... translation please?
LT: MX19.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

Stevo
Developer

#13 Post by Stevo »

mmikeinsantarosa wrote:
Stevo wrote:OK folks, 0ad 0.0.22 is now in the main MX repository, ready for you to give it a try! So it seems that alternative way of building and cross-compiling packages, then signing them after the build, did indeed work. :cool: I already had the system set up some Stretch pbuilder thingies, too.
huh... translation please?

Kind of technical to set up, I reference it in post 8 of this thread. Here's a zip of the .pbuilderrc file in my home; you can probably use it, too. I think I'm using a different qemu package, though, let me see what I have installed.

Hmm...I think qemubuilder might be what I have that's working--I have a lot of qemu packages installed, though.

Then the commands that I used to build a package are

Code: Select all

OS=debian DIST=jessie ARCH=amd64 pdebuild --debbuildopts -sa

OS=debian DIST=jessie ARCH=i386 pdebuild --debbuildopts -B
Then I copied all the files out of the results folder and signed the changes files with

debsign <whatever>.changes
There's also an auto-debsign flag you can try adding to the command (see pdebuild's man page), but it only worked 1 out of two tries so far---but I may have done something wrong. More testing!

Also note that you just get a generic Jessie/whatever build platform, unless we manage to hook the MX repos to it per that blog post. I haven't tried yet. So nothing like debhelper 10 is in there.

xali

#14 Post by xali »

thank you stevo, very good job

Stevo
Developer

#15 Post by Stevo »

Does it seem to be working OK, taking into account that it's still an alpha release?

xali

#16 Post by xali »

well, until now all the alpha releases of the game i used, had issues but not something serious... the game is enjoyable if you like that kind of games or to take a break

azrielle

#17 Post by azrielle »

Had to do a manual root terminal "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade --fix-missing", BEFORE installing 0ad with MX-PI, but my grandson says it works!
Lenovo T430 i5/3320m 8GB MX17.1/Win7SP1 180GB SSD/128GB mSATA
Lenovo X230 i7/3520m 12GB MX17.1/Win7SP1 500GB SSD 480GB mSATA
Lenovo X131e i3/3227u 8GB MX21Xfce/Win7SP1 500GB SSD
Lenovo 11e Celeron n3150 4GB MX19/Fedora30Games 128GB SSD

Stevo
Developer

#18 Post by Stevo »

Odd, the package is supposed to pull in whatever it needs. Do you remember what the --fix-missing command did, or can check in apt-notifier's history?

xali

#19 Post by xali »

something went wrong with today updates with mx 16.1. it supposed to replace the old version with the new one and remove some stuff from the older version, but it only removed the older version because as it seems there are unresolvable dependencies with the newer version. here is what it is shown up when i tried to install the newer version after what happened

0ad:
 Depends: 0ad-data but it is not going to be installed
 Depends: 0ad-data but it is not going to be installed
 Depends: 0ad-data-common but it is not going to be installed
 Depends: 0ad-data-common but it is not going to be installed
 Depends: libboost-filesystem1.57.0  but it is not installable
 Depends: libenet7 but it is not going to be installed
 Depends: libgloox12 but it is not going to be installed
 Depends: libmozjs-38-0 but it is not going to be installed
 Depends: libnvtt2 but it is not going to be installed
 Depends: libsodium23 (>=1.0.14) but it is not installable

timkb4cq
Developer

#20 Post by timkb4cq »

Yup, looks like a couple dependencies didn't make the move with the main program. They should be there now.
Reload & try again.
HP Pavillion TP01, AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (quad core), Crucial 500GB SSD, Toshiba 6TB 7200rpm
Dell Inspiron 15, AMD Ryzen 7 2700u (quad core). Sabrent 500GB nvme, Seagate 1TB

Return to “Package Requests / Status”