vdrift

For developer discussion on package requests
oops

Re: vdrift

#31 Post by oops »

... Don't worry about stuntrally , because an alternative exist, the portable game stuntrally for linux already exits (or an maybe appimage too) so I think than this game is not absolutely needed into MX17 repository. Only Vdrift is OK for me.
https://portablelinuxgames.org/?allPackages
Thanks for all Stevo.
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

Stevo
Developer

#32 Post by Stevo »

Good, because we can't run the mx 15 stuntrally in 17. It depends on many libraries that are not in Stretch any longer.

mmikeinsantarosa
Developer

#33 Post by mmikeinsantarosa »

banshee wrote:I am trying to build vdrift
After unpacking i realized that it makes use of scons.
Oh?
I searched the web and found a link i am not able to post.
Add www to this:-> qandr.org/quentin/writings/debscons
which i barely understand.

Is it possible to create a deb-package when using scons (it sounds so) and is it something worth the trouble? (I barely know how to compile at all ).

First questions first:
In the source directory i got a file called "SConstruct". Do i replace the content of that with the debian info from the link (SConscript) , or do i need to create a SConscript file additionaly.

Or is there a deb-package out there?
vdrift-20141020 has been packaged for MX-15 thru 17 and it can be installed via MX package Installer selecting Full App Catalog then MX Test Repo and finally enter vdrift in the search box, select it and click install.

My testing reveals that although it runs on a 32 bit duo core you're going to want to put it on something with a tad more horsepower. It'll also run in a VM. I'll poke around to see if I can find something newer that'll build. - mike
LT: MX19.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

oops

#34 Post by oops »

FI: ... See here too, for MX19

viewtopic.php?f=140&t=54206&p=541599#p541599
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

Return to “Package Requests / Status”